Saturday lunch-time Premier League opener of matchday six takes place between two staunch London rivals Chelsea and Arsenal. The huge encounter is taking place under a tricky condition, especially for the defending champions Chelsea.
The Blues are sitting seventeenth in the table after starting the Premier League in a worst possible way. With only four points from five games, they have registered the worst start for Blues in 29 years and also the worst start for champions in 128 years. Meanwhile, Arsenal is fourth in the table right now with ten points from five games.
Despite the decent start in League, Arsenal failed to start their Champions League campaign on a good note. They lost 2-1 to Croatian club Dinamo Zagreb and will be looking to come back with a win in League. Meanwhile, Chelsea started their Champions League campaign with a huge 4-0 over Israeli side Maccabi Tel Aviv.
The two managers Arsene Wenger and Jose Mourinho share a huge rivalry between them and will be looking to take the best possible result from the game.
Ahead of the huge encounter let us see some facts and stats of the two sides.
1) Arsene Wenger has played 14 games against his counterpart of Chelsea Jose Mourinho and won only one of them that was the most recent meeting in 2015 FA Community Shield and the Gunners defeated Chelsea 1-0. Wenger has lost 7 games and drew six against the Portuguese.
2) Alex Oxlade Chamberlain’s winner against Chelsea in the FA community shield was Arsenal’s first goal against Chelsea in eight hours and 26 minutes.
3) Chelsea is unbeaten in seven Premier League meetings since losing 5-3 at home in October 2011 when Robin van Persie scored a hat-trick for the Gunners. Arsenal has never gone eight top-flight games without a win against Chelsea.
4) Jose Mourinho has never lost back to back three games in his career. He lost last two Premier League games and another loss can make him reach that milestone.
5) If Chelsea loses, then it will be three successive Premier League losses for the first time since October 1999.
6) This is, since 1986, Chelsea’s worst start in League with four points in five games. that season, they had three.
7) Chelsea already lost three games this season which was their loss tally is the whole last season.
8) Average goals conceded per game by Chelsea is their highest ever and also it is highest ever in Mourinho’s career.
9) Mourinho’s side has faced an average of 7.6 shots on target against them per game this season, the highest tally in the division. By contrast, that figure was only 3.2 shots in 2014-15.
10) Arsenal is unbeaten in their last seven away games. They won seven and drew one.
11) Arsenal has registered the most shots on target this season so far that is 39, 12 of those came against Stoke City last week only.
12) Petr Cech is only four clean sheets away from registering the most number of clean sheets in Premier League. the Czech republic international has 165 and James has 169.
13) Theo Walcott has scored 11 goals in his last 11 starts.
14) Mesut Ozil has created a league-high 76 goalscoring chances in 2015.
15) Eden Hazard has scored in the Blues’ last 2 Premier League clashes with Arsenal at Stamford Bridge, with both goals coming in the first half from the penalty spot.