Seamus Coleman has claimed that he has not heard anything substantial in the speculation linking him with a move to Manchester United on the final day of the January transfer window.
The odds of the Everton full-back moving to Old Trafford tumbled down to 1/3 on among some bookmakers on Monday, leading some to believe that a late deal was on the cards.
However, Coleman has insisted that any reports suggesting he is set to leave Goodison Park are mere speculation.
“It is that time of year,” he said while speaking at the launch of an ad campaign, in quotes reported by the Daily Mail.
“I haven’t heard about the story. I am preparing for a game on Wednesday and that is all I am concentrating on.”
Coleman was extensively linked with a move to United during David Moyes’ tenure at the club, with the Scot having brought him to
Louis van Gaal, Moyes’ successor, was also reported to be interested in the Republic of Ireland international during his first season at Old Trafford.
Jose Mourinho, the current United manager, has not added to his squad this month and is not expected to enter the market on deadline day.
Morgan Schneiderlin and Memphis Depay left the club for Everton and Lyons respectively earlier this month, and Mourinho has suggested that Ashley Young could also depart before Tuesday’s deadline.
Coleman joined Everton for a bargain £60,000 from Sligo Rovers in 2009 and is in line to make his 200th Premier League appearance for the Blues at Stoke.
International team-mate Darron Gibson, however, has moved on from Goodison to rejoin David Moyes at Sunderland and Coleman believes the switch could revive Gibson’s international career with the Republic of Ireland.
He said: “Darron is a very talented footballer. His passing range is right up there with the very best. If he is getting plenty of games and regular football, I wouldn’t be surprised at all.”