After losing to Real Madrid 3-0 in the UEFA Champions league, Liverpool host Hull City at Anfield. Liverpool have won their last two games of the Barclays Premier League against West Bromwich Albion and a dramatic win against Queens Park Rangers. They will be looking to extend their winning run against Hull City at Anfield.
Liverpool starting XI: Mignolet, Manquillo, Skrtel, Lovren, Moreno, Gerrard, Allen, Henderson, Lallana, Coutinho, Sterling
Hull City starting XI: Jakupovic; Chester, Bruce, Davies; Elmohamady, Huddlestone, Diamé, Quinn, Ben Arfa; Hernández, Ramiréz.
Liverpool might drop summer signing Mario Balotelli and play Raheem Sterling in the central role till Daniel Sturridge is out. Adam Lallana is also expected to start after a good performance against Real Madrid. Joe Allen is expected to start the game after being out due to injury. Javier Manquillo is also expected to be back in the starting XI ahead of Glen Johnson. Liverpool have conceded too many goals from set-pieces and they will be once again hoping Skrtel and Lovren to bring stability to their defense.
Hull City have a lot of players injured in the last few days, which means they will have to make a lot of changes against Liverpool. Goalkeepers Allan McGregor and Steve Harper are both injured, which means Eldin Jakupovic will start in goal. Michael Dawson had to leave the field with an ankle injury in the 2-2 draw against Arsenal. Alex Bruce is expected to replace Dawson in the starting XI. Nikica Jelavic and Robert Snodgrass are also out injured for Hull City.
Brendan Rodgers: “It needs to be better, that`s for sure — as a team, not just the defence and goalkeeper.
“As a team we need to be better. We all pride ourselves on clean sheets but we need to more competitive and aggressive in those moments as a team.”
Steve Bruce: “It`s a huge blow to lose players with their experience and quality but it`s one of the reasons we did a lot of recruiting in the summer.
“We`ve got a big squad now and I`m sure it`s good enough to cope.”
- Liverpool have scored 10 goals in three Premier League home games against Hull City.
- The Tigers have only won one of their 18 meetings with the Reds in all competitions (D4 L13), with that win coming on home soil last season.
- Neither of Liverpool’s scorers in this fixture last season (Agger, Suarez) remain at the club.
- Steven Gerrard has three goals in two starts against Hull at Anfield.
- Hull (along with Chelsea and Everton) are one of only three teams to score in every Premier League game this season.
- Mario Balotelli has put more clear cut chances off target than any other Premier League player this season (3).
- After winning 11 Premier League games in a row between February and April, Liverpool have won just five of the subsequent 11 matches.
- The Reds have kept just one clean sheet in their last 14 Premier League matches.
- Liverpool have conceded exactly one goal in each of their last five Premier League games at Anfield.
- Hull’s last two away games have ended 2-2. Only two teams in Premier League history have recorded three successive 2-2s away from home (Man Utd in 1994 and Newcastle in 2003).
- Liverpool have both taken (129) and scored (98 – level with Chelsea) the most penalties in Premier League history.
Prediction: Liverpool 2-2 Hull City
Get all the news and other interesting details about the upcoming T20 tri-series (Nidahas Trophy) featuring India, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka. Follow an download IPL 2018 schedule. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to stay connected with all the news related to the league. Also, check live score and you can subsequently download the Sportzwiki cricket app for Android to stay updated.