Mario Mandzukic | Sportzwiki

Mario Mandzukic

transfer rumours, Wayne Rooney, Paul Pogba
Wayne Rooney and Paul Pogba (Image Credit: Google)
/

Transfer Rumours Roundup

The article focuses on the latest transfer rumours across major football leagues

Wayne Rooney to Derby County

transfer rumours, Wayne Rooney, Paul Pogba
Wayne Rooney (Image Credit: Google)

England legend Wayne Rooney, who currently plays for DC United in the MLS, is in talks with Derby County over a move. The 33-year-old will make a move as a manager player to the Championship Club. Rooney had previously expressed his wish to go into management after retiring.

The former Manchester United forward, who has always been all praises for Louis Van Gaal’s style of play, will look to link with Derby’s new Dutch manager Phillip Cocu. In a post-match interview, Cocu said he can’t say anything about the names before a deal is done.

Paul Pogba to Real Madrid C.F/ Juventus

transfer rumours, Wayne Rooney, Paul Pogba
Paul Pogba (Image Credit: Getty Images)

Real Madrid are still looking to cash out on Paul Pogba, but Manchester United value him at more than £150 million. If United possibly sign Sergej Milenkovic- Savic from Lazio they may look to offload Pogba, who has already handed a transfer request to the club. The club are also looking forward to the signing of Mario Lemina from Southampton, who has told the club his wish to leave. Juventus have also shown some interest in signing the midfielder, and they may offer player+cash for him.

Mario Mandzukic to Manchester United

transfer rumours, Wayne Rooney, Paul Pogba
Mario Mandzukic (Image Credit: Google)

After the deal for Paulo Dybala stalled due to his hefty wage demands and a third party payment for image rights, United are looking to sign Mario Mandzukic. The 33-year-old striker will cost the reds around £15m or will be included in a swap deal with Romelu Lukaku.

Mandzukic will be of benefit to the English club, with his goal-scoring abilities and great heading. He is a big threat in the opposition box and will be a good support to the pacey wingers at United.

Joao Cancelo to Manchester City

Transfer Rumours Roundup 1
Joao Cancelo (Image Credit: Google)

Manchester City are in talks with Juventus over a swap deal for Joao Cancelo with Danilo+ £30 million cash. Cancelo is willing for a move abroad and Danilo has struggled for playing time in his 3 years at Manchester City. The Portuguese right-back, Cancelo has shown his abilities in attacking and defending for the Old Lady and is considered one of the best in his position currently.

Donny van de Beek to Real Madrid C.F

Transfer Rumours Roundup 2
Donny van de Beek (Image Credit: Google)

If Real Madrid fail to land Paul Pogba this summer, they have made their interests sure in Ajax midfielder Donny van de Beek. The Ajax youngster had impressed last season in the double-winning team. De Beek has confirmed Real’s approach for him, tempting the youngster. Ajax would only sell him for £60 million. The transfer if completed will see Real’s transfer spree to extend to more than £350 million this season.

/

Mario Mandzukic Retires From International Football

Croatia forward Mario Mandzukic has announce retirement from International football with immediate effect.

Mario Mandzukic’s Croatia had a dream run in the 2018 World Cup in Russia.

After having a dream in the World Cup in Russia and ending up as runners-up, Mandzukic has decided its time to call it a day. The 32-year old has played 89 matches and scored 33 goals for Croatia. He is also second leading goal-scorer of his country only behind former player Davor Suker.

Mandzukic announced his retirement by releasing a statement on Tuesday:

“Dear fans, I always preferred to do my talking on the pitch than off it. That is why these words are harder than slide-tackling an opponent or sprinting in the 120th minute. It is harder as I know how much joy all the gatherings, matches and victories bring. It is harder as I know that listening to ‘Lijepa Nasa’ before a match is the biggest emotion. It’s harder because it is an honour to wear the Croatian shirt and to represent my country. It is harder because I know this is final and after these words, there is no coming back.”

Mario Mandzukic Retires From International Football 3

The Juventus forward further added:
“But, it is time nevertheless for these words. I am retiring from the Croatian national team. However much the silver medal gave me new energy, it made this tough decision easier. I experienced my dream, achieved historic success and felt the unbelievable love of the fans. Thank you, everybody, because everyone in their own way left a mark on my career. I always had my closest friends alongside me, and I thank them for their great support.”

Mandzukic also seeked forgiveness to the fans for all the chances he missed and for all the times he disappointed them.

“And finally, thank you to the fans. Nobody is perfect. I missed chances, lost the ball and made bad passes. But, I always gave it my all and left my heart on the pitch. Thank you for recognising that and being with me and the Croatian national team. Love, Mandzo.”

In 2007, Mandzukic made his debut for Croatia. He has participated in four major International tournaments Euro 2012, World Cup 2014, Euro 2016 and World Cup 2018. He bids farewell also being Croatian Footballer of the Year in 2012 and 2013.

Luka Modric Top five players to look out for in the finale of the World Cup
//

FIFA World Cup 2018: Five Players to Look Out for in the Finale

Twenty-two players on the pitch will battle for the ultimate glory in Moscow tonight. In terms of experience, France are well ahead as they played the 1998 and 2006 finale, while for Croatia, it’s their first ever World Cup final. Here we list the five players to look out for in the finale.

France and Croatia will lock horns at the Luzhniki Stadium in the finale of the World Cup final.

But experience sometimes doesn’t matter in the final if any individual lights up on their day. Here we take a look at the top five players to look out for in the finale.

/

Juventus Extend Forward Mandzukic’s Contract Till June 2020

Turin, May 25 (IANS) Italian football heavyweights Juventus on Thursday announced the one-year contract extension of forward Mario Mandzukic, keeping the veteran Croatian till June 30, 2020.

“Juventus Football Club is delighted to announce that Mario Mandzukic has renewed his contract, extending a journey that began in July 2015,” the record Serie A champions said in a statement.

Power, perseverance and a penchant for decisive goals in the big moments have seen the imposing Croatian become an indispensable member of a Juventus side that has lifted consecutive domestic doubles and an Italian Super Cup since he arrived in Turin, according to Juventus’ website.

At the start of this season, it seemed that Mandzukic, who has played as a centre-forward most of his career, will be benched since the big-money capture of Gonzalo Higuain. But since head coach Massimilano Allegri switched to the 4-2-3-1 formation, the 31-year-old has become an invaluable player at the left wing.

He has earning plaudits for his sacrifice and dedication to off-the-ball workrate that has helped the Turin giants reach the Champions League final, to be played against Real Madrid on June 3.

According to official records, Mandzukic’s work has been one of both quality and quantity. Only Paulo Dybala and Gonzalo Higuain have found the net more often than Mario (23) since the start of last season, while the Croatia international sits in fourth place for chances created (90) and third for shots on target (53).

Particularly since his mid-season rebirth as a wide forward, Mandzukic’s attacking contributions are not limited to his goal tally; with eight assists to his name this term, he is also one of his team’s most consistent creative forces.

Perhaps the most revealing feature of the 31-year-old’s Juventus experience so far has been his output going in the other direction away from goal.

“Remarkably, no other Juventus man has won more tackles than Mandzukic in the past two campaigns (74) and it is at this point that you begin to comprehend what he is all about,” Juventus posted in their website.

//

Breaking: Chelsea ready to go all out war for CHAMPIONS LEAGUE winning goalscorer

According to a report from the Mirror, Chelsea boss Antonio Conte is willing to bring his former striker Mario Mandzukic from Juventus to the Stamford Bridge in order to solve his attacking concerns at Chelsea.

The Italian boss is willing to exercise patience stretching to the transfer deadline day for Mandzukic as he is well aware of the last minute craziness of transfer windows.

The West London club have been chasing striker additions after the departures of Alexandre Pato or Radamel Falcao, with the young Belgian Michy Batshuayi is the only attacking star signed during the summer transfer window.

The Blues have also been in pursuit to sign their former striker Romelu Lukaku this summer, but the manager of Everton Ronald Koeman has revealed that 23-year-old Belgian international is not leaving the Goodison Park this summer, despite big interest from London giants.

And now, the same sources claim that 46-year-old Italian boss is looking back towards his old club Juventus, with experienced Croatian centre-forward Mario Mandzukic a target.

Former Atletico Madrid and Bayern Munich star has only been with the Serie A giants for one season, but the arrival of Gonzalo Higuain and the incredible form of Paulo Dybala means he’s likely to face a battle for game time in Turin.

It is believed that a £25m transfer fee may be needed to sign the 30-year-old attacker, who would likely play a backup role to Diego Costa.

//

Triple Bonanza: Chelsea ready to complete £110m deal for world class trio

According to the Metro reports, Chelsea manager Antonio Conte is planning to complete transfer of three world-class players Giorgio Chiellini, Mario Mandzukic and James Rodriguez before the end of the transfer window and ready to pay £110m for all of them.

Chelsea need reinforcements in the defensive end and Italian defender who has worked with Conte at Juventus and Italy national team seems to be an ideal candidate to replace John Terry or Garry Cahill his market valuation believed to be around £25m.

While Attacking recruits are also in Conte’s wishlist and planning to lure Mario Mandzukic from Juventus ( £25m) and James Rodriguez (£60m) to strengthen the front line and finish 2016/17 season on top of the Premier League table.

Colombian forward is believed to be unhappy at Santiago Bernabeu and considering options while seating on the bench of Real Madrid.

The Situation with Mandzukic is similar after Juventus signed Argentinian superstar Gonzalo Higuain and could leave Turin club this summer.

Conte signalled prior to Saturday’s victory over Watford that he is actively seeking reinforcements.

“I think we need to sign some players. We have too few players in defence and we are working with the club to find a solution,” he said.

“We arrive after a season which was not so good but we are working very hard to improve the situation but, if you ask me, the real target of this squad now is very difficult.

“We need to pass more time to have a better answer game by game. I have contact every day but I discuss this with the club. We must find solutions.”

//

Breaking: Chelsea edging closer to sign LETHAL goalscorer after £25m bid, deal imminent!

Antonio Conte is keen to sign Mario Mandzukic after Romelu Lukaku committed his future to Everton for another season and latest reports claim that the Blues have already decided to make a £25m bid for the star midfielder.

The Sunday Mirror are reporting that the Blues manager is still keen to bolster his attacking options this summer despite Lukaku spurning the chance to rejoin the west London side in favour of remaining at Goodison Park.

The report suggests that Conte wants to sign a proven goalscorer capable of firing his Chelsea side to the Premier League title despite already having Diego Costa and Michy Batshuayi in their ranks.

The Croatian international joined the Serie A winners from Atletico Madrid last summer. After spending one season with the Turin club, the former Bayern Munich striker is open to the idea of leaving the Italian outfit.

Mandzukic scored 10 goals and registered four assists in 27 league appearances for Juventus in the 2015/16 season.

Their winning start to the Premier League season has come with a common theme: Two strikers paired together as the Blues searched for a win. Therefore the acquisition of another striker appears vital with only Loic Remy left behind Diego Costa and Michy Batshuayi.

However, Conte is confident that he can get the Croatia international away from the Serie A giants following the high-profile capture of Gonzalo Higuain.

Mandzukic would certainly be a much cheaper option than Lukaku – valued at around £25m – and a deal may be more straightforward – enough so to complete before the transfer window shuts in ten days.

But Italian media suggest the Juve are planning to sell Simone Zaza rather than the former Bayern Munich and Atletico Madrid striker.

Conte
Conte thinks this summer transfer window is crazy.
//

Chelsea transfer roundup- striker interest, winger close and more

Chelsea have been trying to reconstruct under the new manager Antonio Conte after a forgettable season where they sacked their best manager ever, Jose Mourinho.

The Blues have looked active in the transfer window as they already managed to sign Batshuayi and Kante and are looking to add more players to their roster to become a dominant force yet again this season.

Here we look at all the transfer speculations and done deals around Chelsea today.

//

Breaking- Chelsea favorites to sign key Arsenal target

According to latest reports from Mirror, Chelsea are keen to sign Juventus striker Mario Mandzukic as the Croatian international looks increasingly unsettled with the arrival of Gonzalo Higuain from Napoli.

The Blues manager is keen to add Mandzukic as he wants to have a striker duo as the Italian prefers 3-5-2 formation. Mandzukic is one of the proven strikers in entire Europe despite his below-par season with Juventus.

The 30-year old has moved from Atletico Madrid to Juventus last summer but has only managed to score 13 goals in 36 appearances for the Italian giants which prompted them to buy a new striker.

He has attracted the interest from a host of clubs which include the likes of Arsenal, Barcelona and also his former employers Wolfsburg but Chelsea are reportedly leading the race to sign him.

With £75.3million signing, Higuain arriving at Turin meant Mandzukic would be warming the bench at Juventus if he were to stay. Chelsea are willing to offer £25m which is considerably higher amount to what Juventus have paid Atletico Madrid last summer to land the talented striker.

Mandzukic is known for his work ethic as he tracks back to help the defense which has earned him accolades across Europe and has already won a Champions League title with Bayern Munich back in 2013 where he opened the scoring for the German giants.

//

Arsenal face all-out war for Champions league winning lethal striker

The Gunners will have to table a ‘monster offer’ to secure the service of highly-rated Juventus striker Mario Mandzukic, according to reports from Italian media.

Wenger is in desperate need of a new striker to lighten the pressure on Olivier Giroud and cover for the injured Danny Welbeck.

Arsenal boss admitted last week he is ‘still in the market’ for an in-form striker while Lyon’s Alexandre Lacazette and Inter Milan’s Mauro Icardi have both been linked heavily giving rise to so many rumours.

Also on Wenger’s radar is believed to be Juve forward Mandzukic who has struggled since making the move to Turin from Atletico Madrid.

Arsenal will make one last attempt to sign Lacazette offering Lyon £ 33.7 million if the Ligue1 side will also reject that offer, Wenger might decide to enter transfer talks with Juventus for the 30-year-old.

However, Italian news outlet Tuttosport claim Juventus will not sell the 30-year-old so easily and a ‘monster offer’ could be needed from the Gunners.Mario-Mandzukic-Juventus-Arsenal-Transfer-News-696025

The Croatia international made just 27 Serie A appearances last season and will likely fall further down the pecking order after the arrival of goal-machine Gonzalo Higuain.

Juve signed the Argentina international from rivals Napoli last week for £75million – the third highest transfer fee in world football.

But Tuttosport further added, the arrival of Higuain will not at all tempt Juve into letting Mandzukic leave on a cheap transfer fee this summer.

The Gunners are also not alone in their interest in the Croatian, with Everton, West Ham and rivals Tottenham also linked.

Meanwhile, frustrated Arsenal supporters have been told to expect another quiet transfer window after chief executive Ivan Gazidis admitted they cannot afford to match their competitor’s spending power.