In the ICC WT20 2016 Super 10 stage at Group 2, Australia beat Pakistan by 21 runs in their clash at Mohali on Friday. After winning the toss, Australia elected to bat first. Australia made 193/4 in 20 overs while Pakistan managed 172/8 in 20 overs in reply. With this match result, Pakistan is out from this tournament while Australia is still in with a very good chance to qualify in the semi-final of the tournament.
Some of the statistical highlights of the game are given below:
- Australia scored 193/4 in 20 overs against Pakistan in this game. It was the second highest total for Australia in their WT20 history.
- Australian bowler James Faulkner ended the match with terrific figures of 4-0-27-5. It was the best spell for Australia in T20I. Also, he was the first Australian bowler to pick up 5 wickets in T20I.
- In this match, Pakistan bowler Mohammad Sami ended with the figure of 4-0-53-0. It was the second most runs conceded in an innings by a Pakistan bowler in T20I as well as in WT20. Mohammad Sami was also the one who conceded most runs by a bowler for Pakistan in T20I (4-0-54-1) and that was also against Australia in WT20 2010.
- Steve Smith hit his second T20I half-century in this match. His highest T20I score was 90 against England at Cardiff on 31st August 2015.
- Steve Smith and Shane Watson, the Australian duo put an unbeaten 74 runs partnership for the fifth wicket of Australian innings. It was Australia’s highest runs partnership in WT20 history.
- Pakistan captain Shahid Afridi finished as most six-hitter for Pakistan in WT20. He hit 21 sixes in WT20 while Umar Akmal is standing at the second position in this list with 19 sixes.