India Vs Bangladesh 2019/20 First Test – Statistical Highlights
The hosts India have taken the 1-0 lead in the two-match Test series against the visitors Bangladesh after winning the first Test by an innings and 130 runs at Holkar Stadium (Indore).
After winning the toss, Bangladesh decided to bat first and were bowled out for just 150 runs in the first innings. In reply, the hosts took the lead of 343 runs at the end of their first innings where they scored 493/6 decl.
The visitors failed to save them from the innings defeat as they were all out on 213 runs in their second innings.
Brief Scores: Bangladesh – 150 (Mushfiqur Rahim 43, Mominul Haque 37; Mohammed Shami 3/27) & 213 (Mushfiqur Rahim 64, Mehidy Hasan Miraz 38; Mohammed Shami 4/31)
India – 493/6 decl. (Mayank Agarwal 243, Ajinkya Rahane 86; Abu Jayed 4/108)
Result – India won by an innings and 130 runs
Here are some of the statistical highlights of the day:
i) In the first innings of this Test, the visitors Bangladesh scored only 150 runs.
- It was Bangladesh’s second-lowest completed first innings Test total against India. Their lowest record in this list is 118 at Dhaka in May 2007.
i) The hosts India scored 407/5 on the day two.
- It is India’s third most runs in a day of the Test cricket history. Their top two records are 443/1 (against Sri Lanka at Brabourne Stadium, Mumbai on 3rd December 2009) and 417/2 (against Sri Lanka at Kanpur on 24th November 2009).
i) Off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin completed his 250 home Test wickets in 42 home Test matches.
- Ravichandran Ashwin is the joint-fastest bowler to claim 250 home Test wickets. Legendary off-spinner Muttiah Muralitharan was the previous lone record holder as he also achieved this feat in 42 home Test matches.
- Ravichandran Ashwin is the third Indian bowler to claim 250 home Test wickets. Former leg-spinner Anil Kumble (350 wickets) and veteran off-spinner Harbhajan Singh (265 wickets) were the first two Indian bowlers to achieve this feat.
- Ravichandran Ashwin is the sixth spinner to pick up 250 Test wickets at home.
- Ravichandran Ashwin is the 10th bowler to take 250 Test wickets at home.
i) Mayank Agarwal hit his first two Test double-centuries in his 12 Test innings.
- Mayank Agarwal became the second-fastest batsman to hit two Test double centuries. Vinod Kambli (India) is the record holder in this list who took only five innings to hit his first two Test double-centuries.
ii) Opener Mayank Agarwal scored 243 runs during their only innings.
- It is the highest individual Test score by an opener against Bangladesh. The previous record was 232 by the South African opener Graeme Smith at Chattogram in February 2008.
- It is the second-highest individual Test score by an Indian batsman against Bangladesh. The record is unbeaten 248 by Sachin Tendulkar at Dhaka in December 2004.
iii) Mayank Agarwal hit eight sixes in his only innings of this Test match.
- It is the joint-most sixes for an Indian batsman in a Test innings. Navjot Singh Sindhu was the only other batsman in this list to hit eight sixes in a Test innings (against Sri Lanka at Lucknow in January 1994).
i) During the hosts’ only innings, Bangladesh right-arm pacer Abu Jayed had the bowling figures of 25-3-108-4.
- It is the third-best bowling figures in a Test innings by a Bangladesh pacer against India. The top two records in this list are 18-2-71-5 by Shahadat Hossain (at Chattogram in January 2010) and 24.5-5-97-4 by Mashrafe Mortaza (at Chattogram in May 2007).
i) It was the 10th Test victory by an innings under Virat Kohli‘s captaincy.
- Virat Kohli becomes the most innings winning Indian Test captain. With this victory, he surpassed MS Dhoni’s nine times innings winning record as a Test captain.
Twitter Reacts As India Draw First Blood Against West Indies
India drew the first blood against the West Indies in the first T20I at Hyderabad as the hosts won by six wickets and pulled off their highest chase in the T20I format. The Indian captain Virat Kohli played a brilliant knock of 94 runs to…
Azharuddin Stand To Be Inaugurated Before The IND-WI T20I Opener
Apart from the series-opening game between India and Windies, today is another special day in Indian cricket. The former Indian skipper and the present president of the Hyderabad Cricket Association (HCA), Mohammad Azharuddin will see to be extremely important. Not only he will be administrating…