India Vs South Africa 2019/20: Second T20I – Statistical Highlights
On Wednesday (18th September), the hosts India claimed a comfortable victory against the visitors South Africa in the second T20I of the three-match T20I series at Punjab Cricket Association IS Bindra Stadium (Mohali, Chandigarh).
After winning the toss, Indian captain Virat Kohli sent the visitors to bat first. South Africa managed to score 149/5 (20 overs) in the first innings. India chased down that target in 19 overs after losing three wickets.
India won this match by seven wickets (with six balls remaining) and have taken the 1-0 lead with one match to go.
Brief Scores: South Africa – 149/5 in 20 overs (Quinton de Kock 52, Temba Bavuma 49; Deepak Chahar 2/22)
India – 151/3 in 19 overs (Virat Kohli 72*, Shikhar Dhawan 40; Tabraiz Shamsi 1/19)
Result – India won by seven wickets (with six balls remaining)
Here are some of the statistical highlights of the match:
i) India won this match by seven wickets.
- It was India’s largest T20I victory (by wickets) against South Africa. Their previous record was winning by six wickets for twice.
- It was India’s first T20I victory against South Africa at home. Before this, India lost all their two home T20Is against South Africa.
Quinton de Kock (South Africa)
i) South African captain Quinton de Kock scored 52 runs.
- It was the fourth-best T20I knock by a South African captain against India.
|JP Duminy||64*||Centurion||21st February 2018|
|Faf du Plessis||58||Dhaka||4th April 2014|
|JP Duminy||55||Cape Town||24th February 2018|
|Quinton de Kock||52||Mohali||18th September 2019|
Temba Bavuma (South Africa)
i) South African T20I debutant Temba Bavuma scored 49 runs.
- It was the second-highest individual score by a South African T20I debutant who made debut outside the home soil. The record is 78 by Rilee Rossouw against Australia at Adelaide on 5th November 2014.
David Miller (South Africa)
i) South African cricketer David Miller has taken 50 catches in T20I career (including one as a wicketkeeper).
- David Miller became the fourth cricketer to take 50 catches in T20I career. The other three cricketers were former South African cricketer AB de Villiers (65 catches), Indian wicketkeeper MS Dhoni (57 catches) and Pakistan cricketer Shoaib Malik (50 catches).
Virat Kohli (India)
i) Indian captain Virat Kohli scored 72 not out.
- It was the first 50+ score by an Indian T20I captain against South Africa. The previous record was 45 runs by MS Dhoni at Durban on 20th September 2007.
ii) Virat Kohli registered his 22nd 50+ score.
- It is the most number of 50+ scores for a batsman in T20I history. Indian opener Rohit Sharma is in the second position with 21 50+ scores (four centuries and 17 half-centuries).
iii) Virat Kohli has scored 2,441 runs in T20I career.
- It is the new record of most runs for a batsman in T20I career. Another Indian cricketer Rohit Sharma is now behind of Kohli with 2,434 T20I runs.
iv) Virat Kohli won the Player of the Match award for 11th time in T20I career.
- It was the second most Player of the Match awards for a player in T20I career. Former Pakistan all-rounder Shahid Afridi also won 11 Player of the Match awards. Afghanistan cricketer Mohammad Nabi is on top of this list with 12 Player of the Match awards in T20I career.
|Dabang Delhi K.C.||22||15||85|
|Jaipur Pink Panthers||22||9||58|
Kagiso Rabada Feels They Have Been Put Under Immense Pressure In The Ongoing Test Series
Virat Kohli-led India have totally dominated in the ongoing home Test series against South Africa. South African pacer Kagiso Rabada…
Great Signs For Indian Cricket: Virender Sehwag On BCCI President Sourav Ganguly
Former Indian captain Sourav Ganguly is set to take the new duty from October 23. Sourav Ganguly will unanimously become…