Royal Challengers Bangalore began their IPL 2016 journey with a victory while Sunrisers Hyderabad started their IPL 2016 journey with a defeat. On Tuesday night, Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) met against Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) at M Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bangalore.
After winning the toss, Sunrisers Hyderabad decided to bowl first. Despite early departs of Chris Gayle, RCB managed to put 227 runs on the board for the loss of 4 wickets in 20 overs. Chasing down the big total, SRH slowly went away from the match as they ended at 182/6 in 20 overs. RCB clinched a comfortable victory by 45 runs.
Some of the statistical highlights of the game are given below:
- In this match, RCB batsmen Virat Kohli and AB de Villiers put an outstanding 157 runs partnership for the second wicket. It was RCB’s 4th highest partnership for any wicket in the IPL history (RCB’s 3rd highest for 2nd wicket in IPL history).
- RCB made 227/4 (20 overs) in this match. It was their third highest total in IPL (RCB’s 2nd highest at Bangalore in IPL). Also, it was the highest total by any team against SRH in IPL.
- In the 1st innings of the match, SRH bowlers Karan Sharma (right-arm leg-spinner) and Bhuvneshwar Kumar (right-arm medium pacer) conceded 57 runs and 55 runs respectively in their 4 overs quota. In the IPL history, Karan Sharma became the 2nd most runs conceded bowler for SRH in an innings while Bhuvneshwar Kumar became the jointly 4th most runs conceded bowler for SRH in an innings. The most runs conceded bowler for SRH in IPL was Ishant Sharma (4-0-66-0) against Chennai Super Kings at Hyderabad in the IPL 2013.
- At chasing, SRH batsman David Warner slammed fifty in just 21 balls. It was the 3rd quickest half-century for SRH in IPL as the 2 fastest fifty in IPL were both in 20 balls.
- RCB beat SRH in this match by 45 runs. It was the largest victory (by runs) for RCB against SRH in the IPL history while it was also RCB’s 7th largest victory (by runs) against any team in the IPL history.