Just after a couple of hours, Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) will take on Mumbai Indians (MI) in the Qualifier 2 of IPL 2017 at M Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bengaluru. Th e winner of the match will qualify for the final of the tournament, which will be played against Rising Pune Supergiant (RPS) at Hyderabad on 21st May.
Before the beginning of Qualifier 2 match, let’s check out some important stats preview at the following:
- Out of 20 previous meetings between MI and KKR, KKR lost 15 matches. It is the most no. of defeats for KKR against any team.
- Before today’s game, only once KKR and MI had met in the IPL playoffs/knockout stages (Qualifiers, Eliminator, semifinals and final). It was the Eliminator match in IPL 2011 (at Mumbai on 25th may 2011), where MI had beaten KKR by 4 wickets with 4 balls to spare.
- In the IPL playoffs/knockout stages (Qualifiers, Eliminator, semifinals and final), MI has played 11 matches while KKR has played 6 matches. Out of those, MI has won 6 matches (lost 5 matches) while KKR has won 4 matches (lost 2 matches).
- Before today’s match, MI played twice in Qualifier 2 while KKR never played in Qualifier 2. In the Qualifier 2, MI lost once and won once.
- In the IPL 2017, KKR and MI met twice against each other before the Qualifier 2. On both occasions, MI finished as a winning side.
- MI batsman Rohit Sharma (2,987 runs) needs 13 more runs to complete his 3,000 IPL runs for MI. He will become the 1st MI batsman to achieve this feat and also 5th batsman to achieve this feat for a particular IPL team.
- MI off-spinner Harbhajan Singh (147 wickets) needs 3 more wickets to take 150 T20 wickets for MI (including Champions League T20). After Lasith Malinga (178 wickets for MI), Harbhajan will become the second bowler to achieve this feat for a particular IPL team.
- KKR off-spinner Sunil Narine (95 wickets) needs 5 more wickets to complete his 100 wickets in IPL. Narine will become 11th bowler and 3rd overseas bowler to take 100 or more wickets in IPL. Also, he will become the third bowler to take 100 or more wickets for a particular IPL team.