IPL 2019: Crucial Stats Of IPL Debutant Alzarri Joseph’s Bowling Performance
22-year-old Caribbean pacer Alzarri Joseph made his IPL debut on last Saturday (6th April) night during the match between Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) and Mumbai Indians (MI) at Hyderabad. It was a memorable match for him as his incredible bowling performance led his team MI to the crucial victory.
After the visiting team MI put a total of 136/7 (20 overs), Alzarri Joseph destroyed the host batting line-up. The right-arm pacer had the impressive bowling figures of 3.4-1-12-6 as SRH only managed to score 96 runs before losing their all wickets. While MI won that away match by 40 runs, Alzarri Joseph expectedly won the Player of the Match award.
The MI skipper Rohit Sharma introduced the young pacer as the second-change bowler in the fifth over of that innings. The Caribbean pacer had a dream start in IPL career as he bowled David Warner on his first IPL delivery. His first IPL over was the wicket-maiden over.
In his next over, Alzarri Joseph dismissed Vijay Shankar.
Later, he came back into the bowling attack during the 16th over of that innings. This time he bagged two wickets in that over. After he bowled Deepak Hooda, he dismissed Rashid Khan on the next delivery through the caught & bowled method.
Alzarri Joseph’s records on Saturday night
Alzarri Joseph’s impressive bowling figures of 3.4-1-12-6 have created some memorable records. Here are some of these:
- Alzarri Joseph is the first bowler to claim a six-wicket haul in IPL debut. The previous record in IPL debut was 4-0-17-5 by Andrew Tye (Gujarat Lions) against Rising Pune Supergiant at Rajkot on 14th April 2017.
- It is the best bowling figures in IPL history. The previous record was 4-0-14-6 by Sohail Tanvir (Rajasthan Royals) against Chennai Super Kings at Jaipur on 4th May 2008.
- It is the best T20 bowling figures on the Indian soil. Sohail Tanvir and Deepak Punia were the previous record holders as both had the bowling figures of 6/14. The left-arm pacer Sohail Tanvir (Rajasthan Royals) had the bowling figures of 4-0-14-6 against Chennai Super Kings at Jaipur on 4th May 2008. Meanwhile, the right-arm pacer Deepak Punia (Services) had bowling figures of 4-1-14-6 against Haryana at Delhi on 26th March 2015.
- It is the best T20 bowling figures by a Caribbean bowler. The left-arm pacer Delorn Johnson was the previous record holder. On 22nd January 2012, the Windward Islands’ pacer had the bowling figures of 4-2-5-5 against Barbados at Bridgetown.
- It is the fourth best T20 bowling figures by a pace bowler.
- It is the eighth-best T20 bowling figures.
|Dabang Delhi K.C.||16||13||69|
|Jaipur Pink Panthers||18||7||47|
India Vs South Africa 2019/20: Third T20I – Virat Kohli Reveals Why He Chose To Bat First
After losing the Bengaluru T20I on Sunday (22nd September) night, Indian captain Virat Kohli revealed why he decided to bat…
Twitter Reacts As South Africa Keep India In Check
The Indian team posted an under-par score of 134 runs after Virat Kohli won the toss and decided to bat…