On Saturday (30th March) night, Delhi Capitals (DC) snatched a thrilling victory against the visiting team Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) at Feroz Shah Kotla Ground (Delhi).
The home side DC decided to field first after winning the toss. Both teams scored 185 runs at the end of their innings. In the one-over eliminator, the home side scored 10/1 while the visiting side only managed to score 7/1. The Delhi franchise won the match by three runs in the one-over eliminator.
Brief Scores: KKR – 185/8 in 20 overs (Andre Russell 62, Dinesh Karthik 50; Harshal Patel 2/40)
DC – 185/6 in 20 overs (Prithvi Shaw 99, Shreyas Iyer 43; Kuldeep Yadav 2/41)
Result – Match tied, DC won the one-over eliminator
Here are some of the statistical highlights of the match:
Kolkata Knight Riders
i) KKR scored 185/8 in 20 overs.
- It was the second highest T20 total for KKR against the Delhi franchise. Their record is 200/9 (20 overs) at Kolkata on 16th April 2018
ii) KKR lost the match in the one-over eliminator.
- It was the third one-over eliminator for KKR, joint most for any team in the IPL history. Rajasthan Royals has also played three one-over eliminators in IPL history, including twice against KKR.
- Playing their third IPL one-over eliminator, KKR suffered defeats in all the three times.
i) DC scored 185/6 in 20 overs.
- It was the third highest T20 total for the Delhi franchise against KKR. Their top two T20 totals are 219/4 (20 overs) and 186/6 (20 overs) both at Delhi.
ii) DC won the match in the one-over eliminator.
- It was the second time in IPL history when the Delhi franchise played the one-over eliminator. They lost against Royal Challengers Bangalore at Bengaluru on 16th April 2013, but this time they achieved a victory.
i) Caribbean cricketer Andre Russell has scored 1,056 runs for KKR.
- Andre Russell became the second overseas batsman to score 1,000 or more runs for KKR. Jacques Kallis (South Africa) was the first man to achieve this feat as he scored 1,603 runs for KKR.
- Andre Russell is the eighth batsman to score 1,000 or more runs for KKR.
ii) Caribbean pacer Andre Russell has picked up 50 wickets for KKR.
- Andre Russell is the third bowler to take 50 or more wickets for KKR. Sunil Narine (130 wickets) and Piyush Chawla (64 wickets) were the first two KKR bowlers to achieve this feat.
Dinesh Karthik-Andre Russell’s partnership
i) KKR batsmen Dinesh Karthik and Andre Russell put a crucial 95-run partnership for the sixth wicket.
- It was the joint third highest partnership for the sixth wicket in IPL history.
|Partners (Team)||Partnership runs||Opposition||Venue||Date|
|Ambati Rayudu & Kieron Pollard (Mumbai Indians)||122*||Royal Challengers Bangalore||Bengaluru||14th May 2012|
|David Hussey & Wriddhiman Saha (KKR)||104||Kings XI Punjab||Mohali||3rd May 2008|
|Yusuf Pathan & Andre Russell (KKR)||95||Kings XI Punjab||Pune||18th April 2015|
|Dinesh Karthik & Andre Russell (KKR)||95||Delhi Capitals||Delhi||30th March 2019|
i) Prithvi Shaw scored 99 runs.
- Prithvi Shaw was the second batsman in IPL history to be dismissed on 99 runs. Virat Kohli (Royal Challengers Bangalore) was the first batsman in IPL history to lose the wicket on 99 runs. That incident happened during the match between Royal Challengers Bangalore and Delhi Daredevils at Delhi on 10th May 2013. Moreover, Suresh Raina (Chennai Super Kings) once remained not out on 99 runs against Sunrisers Hyderabad at Hyderabad (Deccan) on 8th May 2013.