On Friday (5th April) night, Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) and Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) will meet at M Chinnaswamy Stadium (Bengaluru). RCB will play their fifth game, and KKR will play their fourth match in this season.
Meanwhile, it will be the second home match for RCB and second away match for KKR in IPL 2019.
RCB hasn’t won a match this season yet as they have lost their all four matches in this season. On the other hand, KKR won their first two matches in this season before losing their last game in the one-over eliminator.
Teams’ forms in IPL 2019
RCB (oldest to latest) – Lost, Lost, Lost and Lost
KKR (oldest to latest) – Won, Won and Lost (in the one-over eliminator)
Teams’ performances in different stages of a match
|Different stages of a match (Overs)||RCB||KKR|
|Run-rate||Average wicket (s) fall in a match||Run-rate||Average wicket (s) fall in a match|
|Middle overs (7-15)||5.97||3.50||9.00||2.00|
|Death overs (16-20)||8.00||2.25||14.11||1.67|
|Top run-scorer||Parthiv Patel (138 runs)||Andre Russell (159 runs)|
|Top wicket-taker||Yuzvendra Chahal (8 wickets)||Andre Russell (5 wickets)|
Head-to-head records between RCB and KKR
|Stats||Matches||RCB won||KKR won||Tied/No Result|
|At M Chinnaswamy Stadium (Bengaluru)||10||4||6||0/0|
|In the last 10 matches||10||3||7||0/0|
- RCB has suffered defeats in their all last five matches. Previously, they have once faced six straight defeats.
- KKR has won their all last four matches against RCB. Last time, RCB beat KKR on 16th May 2016 at Eden Gardens (Kolkata).
- Since May 2015, RCB has never won against KKR at M Chinnaswamy Stadium (Bengaluru). RCB suffered defeats in their last three encounters against KKR at this venue. Last time, RCB beat KKR at this venue was on 2nd May 2015.
Important stats between RCB and KKR
|Stats||RCB (vs KKR)||KKR (vs RCB)|
|Highest total||186/1 (18.4 overs) at Kolkata on 16th May 2016||222/3 (20 overs) at Bengaluru on 18th April 2008|
|Lowest completed total||49 (9.4 overs) at Kolkata on 23rd April 2017||131 (19.3 overs) at Kolkata on 23rd April 2017|
|Largest victory (by runs)||–||140 runs at Bengaluru on 18th April 2008|
|Largest victory (by wickets)||9 wickets for twice||9 wickets at Bengaluru on 29th September 2011|
|Stats||RCB (vs KKR)||KKR (vs RCB)|
|Highest individual score||102* by Chris Gayle at Kolkata on 22nd April 2011||158* by Brendon McCullum at Bengaluru on 18th April 2008|
|Best bowling figures||3/16 by Varun Aaron and Yuzvendra Chahal (once each)||4/18 by Lakshmipathy Balaji at Bengaluru on 10th April 2012|
|Most runs scored||557 runs by Chris Gayle||530 runs by Gautam Gambhir|
|Most wickets||13 wickets by Vinay Kumar||14 wickets by Sunil Narine|
Other important stats
- Virat Kohli (7,983 runs) is 17 runs away to become the second Indian cricketer to complete 8,000 T20 runs. Suresh Raina was the first Indian batsman to achieve this feat. Meanwhile, Virat Kohli will also be the third Asian cricketer and seventh overall batsman to complete 8,000 T20 runs.
- AB de Villiers (3,406 runs) is 15 runs away to become the second most T20 run-scorer for RCB. Their former cricketer Chris Gayle (3,420 runs) is currently the second most T20 run-scorer for this franchise. Meanwhile, Virat Kohli is leading the table who has scored 5,450 T20 runs for this franchise.
- Robin Uthappa (2,480 runs) is 20 runs away to complete his 2,500 T20 runs for KKR. He will be the second cricketer to score 2,500 or more T20 runs for this franchise. Their former cricketer Gautam Gambhir (3,345 runs) was the first batsman to achieve this feat.
- Chris Lynn (906 runs) needs to score 94 more runs to complete his 1,000 T20 runs for KKR. He will be the ninth batsman to score 1,000 or more T20 runs for this franchise.