In the 16th match of the IPL 2020, Delhi Capitals (DC) and Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) will play against each other on Saturday (3rd October) evening at Sharjah Cricket Stadium (Sharjah).
Both teams will play their fourth match in this IPL season. Both Delhi Capitals and Kolkata Knight Riders have won two matches each out of their three completed matches of this season and suffered one defeat each. While both teams have already earned four points in this season, Delhi Capitals are in the second position and Kolkata Knight Riders are in the third position in the IPL 2020 points table (last updated on 2nd October 2020).
Let’s look at some crucial stats preview before the upcoming 16th match of the IPL 2020 between DC and KKR.
Teams’ forms in IPL 2020
DC (oldest to latest) – Won (Super Over), Won and Lost
KKR (oldest to latest) – Lost, Won and Won
|Top run-scorers||Rishabh Pant (96 runs)||Shubman Gill (124 runs)|
|Shreyas Iyer (82 runs)||Eoin Morgan (92 runs)|
|Prithvi Shaw (71 runs)||Nitish Rana (72 runs)|
|Top wicket-takers||Kagiso Rabada (7 wickets)||Shivam Mavi (4 wickets)|
|Ravichandran Ashwin (2 wickets)||Varun Chakravarthy (3 wickets)|
|Axar Patel (2 wickets)||Kamlesh Nagarkoti (2 wickets)|
Head-to-head records between DC vs KKR
|Stats||Matches||DC Won||KKR Won||Tied||No Result|
|Overall||24||10||13||1 (DC won)||0|
|In IPL||23||9||13||1 (DC won)||0|
|In last 5 matches||5||3||2||0||0|
|In IPL 2019||2||2||0||0||0|
- Streaks running: In their last three meetings, Delhi Capitals won all those matches as they are running with three-match winning streak against Kolkata Knight Riders. Last time, Kolkata Knight Riders beat them during the 13th match of the IPL 2018 at Kolkata (16th April 2018), where the hosts won by 71 runs.
Records of DC and KKR in UAE
|Team||Matches||Won||Lost||Tied (W/L)||No Result|
Important stats between DC vs KKR
|Stats||DC (vs KKR)||KKR (vs DC)|
|Highest total||219/4 (20 overs) at Delhi on 27th April 2018||200/9 (20 overs) at Kolkata on 16th April 2018|
|Lowest completed total||98 (17.4 overs) at Kolkata on 10th April 2016||108/7 (20 overs) at Centurion on 13th October 2012.|
|Largest victory (by runs)||55 runs at Delhi on 27th April 2018||71 runs at Kolkata on 16th April 2018|
|Largest victory (by wickets)||9 wickets at Durban on 5th May 2009||9 wickets at Kolkata on 10th April 2016|
(Top players’ stats)
|Stats||DC (vs KKR)||KKR (vs DC)|
|Highest individual score||107* by David Warner at Delhi on 29th March 2010||74 by Morne van Wyk at Durban on 5th May 2009|
|Best bowling figures||3/14 by Amit Mishra at Johannesburg on 10th May 2009||4/11 by Shoaib Akhtar at Kolkata on 13th May 2008|
|Most runs scored||296 run by David Warner||414 runs by Gautam Gambhir|
|Most wickets||13 wickets by Umesh Yadav||20 wickets by Sunil Narine|
Other important stats
Delhi Capitals (DC)
- Amit Mishra has taken 99 IPL wickets for Delhi Capitals. With one more wicket, the leggie will become the first DC bowler to claim 100 IPL wickets.
- South African cricketer Kagiso Rabada (38 wickets) is four wickets away to surpass South African cricketer Chris Morris (41 wickets) and become the second most T20 wicket-taker as an overseas cricketer for Delhi Capitals. Another South African pacer Morne Morkel is leading this list with 51 wickets for this team.
- Shikhar Dhawan has hit 97 sixes in IPL career. With three more IPL sixes, Dhawan will complete 100 IPL sixes.
- Shikhar Dhawan has scored 930 runs for Delhi Capitals. By adding 70 more runs, Dhawan will become the eighth batsman to score 1000 T20 runs for DC.
- The left-handed batsman Rishabh Pant (96 sixes) is four sixes away to complete 100 sixes for Delhi Capitals. He will be the first DC batsman to hit 100 T20 sixes.
Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR)
- It will be 123rd T20 match for Sunil Narine for Kolkata Knight Riders. During this match, Narine will become the most capped player for KKR in T20 cricket by surpassing Gautam Gambhir (122 matches) and Yusuf Pathan’s (122 matches) records.
- Caribbean cricketer Sunil Narine (387 wickets) needs four more wickets to surpass Sri Lankan cricketer Lasith Malinga (390 wickets) and become the second most wicket-taker in T20 history. Only Dwayne Bravo is ahead of them with 506 T20 wickets.
- Sunil Narine has hit 46 T20 sixes for KKR. With four more sixes, he will become the sixth player to hit 50 T20 sixes for KKR.
- By adding one more run, Andre Russell (1442 runs) will surpass Manish Pandey (1442 runs) and become the fifth most T20 run-scorer for KKR.
- Andre Russell (1442 runs) is 58 runs away to complete his 1500 T20 runs for KKR. He will be the fifth batsman to score 1500 T20 runs for KKR.
- Kuldeep Yadav (46 wickets) is four wickets away to complete his 50 T20 wickets for KKR and become the fourth KKR bowler to take 50 T20 wickets.
- With two more stumpings, Dinesh Karthik (59 stumpings) will move up the third position in most stumpings after surpassing former Sri Lankan wicket-keeper Kumar Sangakkara (60 stumpings). Only Pakistan wicket-keeper Kamran Akmal and Indian wicket-keeper MS Dhoni are ahead of them in this list with 97 and 84 T20 stumpings respectively.
- With one more six, Eoin Morgan (299 sixes) will become the second European cricketer to hit 300 T20 sixes. Only Dutch cricketer Ryan ten Doeschate (308 sixes) has achieved this feat till the date.