On Thursday (24th September) evening, Kings XI Punjab (KXIP) will face Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) in the sixth match of the IPL 2020 at Dubai International Cricket Stadium (Dubai).
It will be the second match for both Kings XI Punjab and Royal Challengers Bangalore in the IPL 2020. KXIP started their journey in this tournament on last Sunday (20th September) evening when they faced Delhi Capitals (DC) at Dubai. It was a thrilling game which had a tied result but Delhi Capitals ultimately won that game in the Super Over.
On the other hand, RCB began their campaign in the IPL 2020 on the next evening (21st September) when they played against SunRisers Hyderabad (SRH) at Dubai. RCB won that match by 10 runs.
Let’s look at some crucial stats preview before the forthcoming 6th match of the IPL 2020 between KXIP vs RCB
Head-to-head records between KXIP vs RCB
|Stats||Matches||KXIP Won||RCB Won||Tied/No Result|
|In last 5 matches||5||1||4||0/0|
|In IPL 2019||2||0||2||0/0|
- Streaks running: In the last two seasons, Royal Challengers Bangalore won all the matches against Kings XI Punjab, which means that they have won all the last four matches against Kings XI Punjab. Last time, KXIP beat RCB on 5th May 2017 at Bengaluru where KXIP won by 19 runs.
Records of KXIP and RCB in UAE
|Team||Matches||Won||Lost||Tied (W/L)||No Result|
Important stats between KXIP vs RCB
|Stats||KXIP (vs RCB)||RCB (vs KXIP)|
|Highest total||232/2 (20 overs) at Dharamsala on 17th May 2011||226/3 (20 overs) at Bengaluru on 6th May 2015|
|Lowest completed total||88 (13.4 overs) at Bengaluru on 6th May 2015 & 88 (15.1 overs) at Indore on 14th May 2018||119 (19 overs) at Bengaluru on 5th May 2017|
|Largest victory (by runs)||111 runs at Dharamsala on 17th May 2011||138 runs at Bengaluru on 6th May 2015|
|Largest victory (by wickets)||9 wickets at Mohali on 12th May 2008||10 wickets at Indore on 14th May 2018|
(Top players’ stats)
|Stats||KXIP (vs RCB)||RCB (vs KXIP)|
|Highest individual score||106 by Adam Gilchrist at Dharamsala on 17th May 2011||117 by Chris Gayle at Bengaluru on 6th May 2015|
|Best bowling figures||4/17 by Piyush Chawla at Dharamsala on 17th May 2011||4/14 by Sreenath Aravind at Bengaluru on 6th May 2011|
|Most runs scored||266 runs by Shaun Marsh||662 runs by AB de Villiers|
|Most wickets||16 wickets by Sandeep Sharma||19 wickets by Yuzvendra Chahal|
Other important stats
Kings XI Punjab (KXIP)
- Chris Gayle (4484 runs) is 16 runs away to complete his 4500 IPL runs. Till the date, only five cricketers, including one overseas cricketer (David Warner), have reached the 4500 IPL runs milestone.
- KL Rahul has scored 1998 IPL runs and he will complete 2000 IPL runs by adding two more runs.
- Glenn Maxwell (78 sixes) is one six away to become the second most IPL six-hitter for KXIP by surpassing Shaun Marsh (78 sixes). Only David Miller is ahead of him in this list with 87 IPL sixes for this side.
Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB)
- Like KXIP cricketer Chris Gayle, AB de Villiers (4446 runs) is also 54 runs away to complete his 4500 IPL runs.
- AB de Villiers has hit 399 T20 sixes and he will complete 400 T20 sixes by hitting one more over-boundary. He will be the first South African but sixth overall batsman to hit 400 sixes in T20 career.
- Virat Kohli has scored 8914 runs in T20 career. The right-handed Indian batsman is 86 runs behind to complete his 9000 T20 runs. He will be the first Indian but seventh overall cricketer to score 9000 runs in T20 career.
- Umesh Yadav (148 wickets) is two wickets away to complete his 150 wickets in T20 career.
- Dale Steyn (97 wickets) requires three more wickets to reach the 100 IPL wickets milestone. A total of three overseas bowlers have already reached this feat.