On Sunday (27th September) evening, during the ninth match of the IPL 2020, Rajasthan Royals (RR) and Kings XI Punjab (KXIP) will meet at Sharjah Cricket Stadium (Sharjah).
It will be the second game for Rajasthan Royals in the IPL 2020. In their opening match of this tournament, Rajasthan Royals faced Chennai Super Kings (CSK), where they won by 16 runs. Since their return to the IPL after completing the suspension period, it was the first time when RR won their IPL season opener.
On the other hand, Kings XI Punjab have already played two matches where they suffered one Super Over defeat but won the other one. In their tournament opener against Delhi Capitals (DC), KXIP were unlucky as they tied that match but lost the Super Over contest.
In their second game of this season, KXIP thrashed Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) by 97 runs and registered their first victory in the IPL 2020.
Let’s look at some crucial stats preview before the upcoming 9th match of the IPL 2020 between RR vs KXIP
Head-to-head records between RR vs KXIP
|Stats||Matches||RR Won||KXIP Won||Tied||No Result|
|Overall||19||10||8||1 (KXIP won)||0|
|In IPL||19||10||8||1 (KXIP won)||0|
|In last 5 matches||5||1||3||1 (KXIP won)||0|
|In IPL 2019||2||0||2||0||0|
- Streaks running: In the last season, Kings XI Punjab won both the matches against Rajasthan Royals. At present, KXIP is going with two-match winning streak against Rajasthan Royals. Last time, RR beat KXIP at Jaipur on 8th May 2018 where RR won by 15 runs.
Records of RR and KXIP in UAE
|Team||Matches||Won||Lost||Tied (W/L)||No Result|
Important stats between RR vs KXIP
|Stats||RR (vs KXIP)||KXIP (vs RR)|
|Highest total||211/4 (20 overs) at Durban on 5th May 2009||221/3 (20 overs) at Mohali on 28th May 2008|
|Lowest completed total||112/7 (20 overs) at Cape Town on 26th April 2009||124 (18.5 overs) at Jaipur on 14th April 2013|
|Largest victory (by runs)||78 runs at Durban on 5th May 2009||48 runs at Mohali on 21st April 2011|
|Largest victory (by wickets)||9 wickets at Jaipur on 7th April 2010||7 wickets at Sharjah on 20th April 2014|
(Top players’ stats)
|Stats||RR (vs KXIP)||KXIP (vs RR)|
|Highest individual score||98 by Ajinkya Rahane at Jaipur on 6th April 2012||115 by Shaun Marsh at Mohali on 28th May 2008|
|Best bowling figures||4/26 by Kevon Copper at Jaipur on 6th April 2012||4/34 by Ryan Harris and Andrew Tye (once each)|
|Most runs scored||373 runs by Ajinkya Rahane||409 runs by Shaun Marsh|
|Most wickets||11 wickets by Siddarth Trivedi||14 wickets by Piyush Chawla|
Other important stats
Rajasthan Royals (RR)
- The left-arm pacer Jaydev Unadkat (21 wickets) needs to pick up two more wickets to surpass Sohail Tanvir (22 wickets) and become the second most IPL wicket-taker as a left-arm bowler for Rajasthan Royals. The left-arm Australian pacer James Faulkner is leading this table with 47 IPL wickets for this team.
- With four more wickets, Shreyas Gopal (31 wickets) will surpass the leg-spinner Pravin Tambe (35 wickets) and will become the most Indian wicket-taker for Rajasthan Royals. Among the other overseas spinners of this team, only their former Australian leg-spinner Shane Warner is ahead from Gopal and Tambe with 58 wickets for this team.
- Sanju Samson (98 sixes) is two sixes behind to complete his 100 IPL sixes.
- Sanju Samson (6 stumpings) is two stumpings away to become the wicket-keeper with most stumpings for Rajasthan Royals. While he is currently in the joint second position in this list with Dishant Yagnik (6 stumpings), Naman Ojha made 7 T20 stumpings for this team.
Kings XI Punjab (KXIP)
- Glenn Maxwell (78 sixes) needs to hit one more six to become the second most IPL six-hitter for KXIP by surpassing Shaun Marsh (78 sixes). David Miller is leading this list with 87 IPL sixes for this team.