After IPL Auction 2016, one of the big question raising is – Who is Krunal Pandya? Krunal Pandya was sold to Mumbai Indians (MI) for INR 2 crores while his base price was only INR 10 lakhs.
1) Krunal Pandya is the elder brother of recently debutant Indian cricketer Hardik Pandya. He is 2 years and 201 days older than Hardik Pandya.
2) Krunal Pandya was born on 24th March 1991 at Ahmadabad, Gujarat.
3) Like his younger brother, Krunal also an all-rounder who bats left-handed and bowls slow left-arm orthodox.
4) Krunal plays for Baroda in first-class cricket like his younger brother. Apart from this, he played several stages in the domestic cricket. He played for Baroda Under-15s (2004/05-2005/06), Baroda Under-17s (2006/07-2007/08), Baroda Under-19s (2008/09-2009/10), Kiran More Sports Foundation (2010/11-2014/15), Baroda Cricket Association XI (2010-2014/15), Baroda Under-22s (2010/11-2011/12), Baroda Cricket Association B (2012/13), Baroda Cricket Association A (2012/13-2014/15), Baroda Under-25s (2013/14), Baroda Cricket Association Blue (2013/14), Dr DY Patil Group A (2014/15).
5) Krunal has played 4 List A career and 15 T20s for Baroda since making debut in 2013. Till the date, he has not played first-class cricket yet. He picked up 5 wickets in List A career while he grabbed 16 wickets in T20 for Baroda. He also hit a half-century in T20 cricket for Baroda. He has not featured for Baroda in any formats after 27th March 2015.
Krunal will now play for Mumbai Indians in 2016 IPL where Hardik Pandya also plays. Hope the 24-years old – Krunal – can perform same like his younger brother.