New Zealand Vs India 2020: 2nd ODI, Auckland – Statistical Highlights
The hosts New Zealand have secured the three-match ODI series against the visitors India after winning the second game of this series at Auckland on last Saturday (8th February). They are now leading this series by 2-0 with one to go.
After losing the toss, the hosts managed to score 273/8 (50 overs) in the first innings. Later, they restricted the visitors to 251 runs (48.3 overs) and won the game by 22 runs.
Brief Scores: New Zealand – 273/8 in 50 overs (Martin Guptill 79, Ross Taylor 73*; Yuzvendra Chahal 3/58)
India – 251 in 48.3 overs (Ravindra Jadeja 55, Shreyas Iyer 52; Tim Southee 2/41)
Result – New Zealand won by 22 runs
New Zealand vs India 2020: Auckland ODI – Statistical highlights of the match
i) The hosts New Zealand are leading this series by 2-0.
- It is their first ODI series victory against India since 2014 home ODI series. After losing three successive ODI series against India, the Black Caps finally managed to win an ODI series.
i) Before the final match of this series, India have lost this ODI series by trailing it 2-0.
- Since the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019, it is the first international series defeat for India.
i) Debutant Kyle Jamieson won the Player of the Match award.
- After Rob Nicol, Kyle Jamieson became second New Zealand cricketer to win Player of the Match award in ODI debut.
ii) Coming to bat at no.10 position, the debutant Kyle Jamieson scored 25 not out.
- It was the joint second-highest individual score for a Kiwi ODI debutant who came to bat at the No. 10 or lower positions. James Franklin also scored 25 not out on his ODI debut. Lance Cairns is the record-holder with 30 not out.
i) It was the 195th international match for Ross Taylor in New Zealand.
- Ross Taylor is now the most capped international player for New Zealand at home. Former cricketer Brendon McCullum is in the next position in this list with 194 international matches at home.
ii) In ODI career, Ross Taylor played 11th 50+ knocks against India.
- It is the most number of 50+ scores in ODI career for a Kiwi batsman against India. Former cricketer Nathan Astle is in the second position in this list as he scored ten times 50+ scores against India in ODI career.
iii) Ross Taylor has registered 17 times 50+ scores against India in the international career.
- It is the most number of 50+ scores in international career for a Black Caps batsman against India. Kane Williamson is in the next position with 16 times 50+ scores against India in the international career.
- Tim Southee is the most successful international bowler to dismiss Virat Kohli. English bowlers James Anderson and Graeme Swann are in the next position as both dismissed Kohli for eight times each in international cricket.
i) The left-handed batsman Ravindra Jadeja registered his third ODI 50+ score in New Zealand.
- It is the joint-most number of ODI 50+ scores for an Indian left-handed batsman in New Zealand. Sourav Ganguly and Shikhar Dhawan have also registered the same number of ODI 50+ scores in this country.
JP Duminy Picks All-Time IPL XI, Virat Kohli To Lead
Former South African batsman JP Duminy has picked his all-time IPL XI in which he selected Virat Kohli to lead the team. Surprisingly, there was no place for CSK captain MS Dhoni and his deputy Suresh Raina. In fact, Duminy has not followed the rule…
SL Would Have Chased If Angelo Mathews Had Been Fit For 2011 WC Final – Kumar Sangakkara
Sri Lanka’s former skipper Kumar Sangakkara has revealed that he would have selected to field first after winning the toss if all-rounder Angelo Mathews had been fit for the 2011 World Cup final. Mathews had played a key role in the semi-final contest against New…