England clinched another comfortable victory over Pakistan in the 2nd ODI of the 5-match ODI series. After winning the toss, Pakistan decided to bat first at Lord’s. After a horrible beginning of 2/3 (3.1 overs), Pakistan finally managed to score 251 runs before bundled out at 49.5 overs.
In reply, England reached that target comfortably in 47.3 overs after losing 6 wickets. With this win, England is now leading the 5-match ODI series by 2-0. England won the first ODI by 44 runs (D/L method).
Brief Scores: Pakistan – 251 in 49.5 overs (Sarfraz Ahmed 105, Imad Wasim 63*, Chris Woakes 3/42)
England – 255/6 in 47.3 overs (Joe Root 89, Eoin Morgan 68, Imad Wasim 2/38)
Result – England won by 4 wickets
Some of the statistical highlights of the match are given below:
- Top 3 Pakistan batsmen scored only 1 run accumulated (Sami Aslam 1, Sharjeel Khan 0 and Azhar Ali 0) in this match. It was the lowest accumulated ODI runs scored by top three batsmen of a team against England. The previous lowest against England was 3 runs by Sri Lankan top three batsmen (Tillakaratne Dilshan 2, Sanath Jayasuriya 0 and Kumar Sangakkara 1) at Johannesburg on 25th September 2009.
- i) Pakistan wicket-keeper batsman Sarfraz Ahmed scored a brilliant century in this match. He scored 105 runs before getting out. It was the only 3rd ODI century by a wicket-keeper at Lord’s. Before Sarfraz, Sri Lankan wicket-keeper batsman Kumar Sangakkara and England wicket-keeper batsman Jos Buttler hit centuries at Lord’s in the same ODI match on 31st may 2014.
ii) Also Sarfraz Ahmed became 1st Pakistan wicket-keeper to score an ODI century in England soil and also became the only 3rd Pakistan wicket-keeper batsman to score an ODI century at outside Asia.
iii) Also Sarfraz Ahmed became 1st Pakistan batsman to score an ODI century at Lord’s.
- Pakistan no.7 batsman Imad Wasim score a vital unbeaten 63 runs in this match. It was the 3rd highest ODI knock by a no.7 Pakistan batsman against England.
- Pakistan scored 251 runs before getting bowled out in 49.5 overs. After getting bundled out, it was Pakistan’s highest ODI total against England.
Also, this 251-runs was Pakistan’s 4th highest ODI total against England after getting bowled out.
- England chased that 252 target comfortably in 47.3 overs after losing 6 wickets. It was England’s 4th highest successful ODI chase against Pakistan.
Get all the news and other interesting details about the upcoming T20 tri-series (Nidahas Trophy) featuring India, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka. Follow an download IPL 2018 schedule. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to stay connected with all the news related to the league. Also, check live score and you can subsequently download the Sportzwiki cricket app for Android to stay updated.