At the stumps of day 4 in the third Test between England and Pakistan at Edgbaston (Birmingham), hosts England is in a commanding position. England began the day on the overnight score of 120/0 and made 414/5 at the end of day 4. England have already taken a healthy lead of 311 runs over visitors Pakistan.
Brief Scores: England – 297 (Gary Balance 70, Moeen Ali 63, Sohail Khan 5/96) & 414/5 (Jonny Bairstow 82*, Alastair Cook 66, Mohammad Amir 2/73)
Pakistan – 400 (Azhar Ali 139, Sami Aslam 82, Chris Woakes 3/79)
Here are some statistical highlights of the day 4 of 3rd Test:
- At the stumps of day 4, England wicketkeeper-batsman Jonny Bairstow remained unbeaten on 82 runs. After crossing his first 4 runs in this innings, Bairstow became the highest runs scorer (on aggregate) as an English wicket-keeper in a calendar year. The previous record highest runs scorer (on aggregate) by an England wicket-keeper in a calendar year was 777 by Matt Prior in 2012. At the stumps of day 4, Bairstow’s 2016 aggregate score is 855.
Currently, Bairstow is the highest runs scorer (on aggregate) in an ongoing calendar year. His fellow batsman Joe Root is in the second position with 823 runs.
- From no.1 to no.7 English batsman, all scored 25+ runs in the ongoing innings. It was the 9th time that all top 7 English batsmen crossed 25 runs in a Test innings.
- Already 5 English batsmen scored 50+ runs in the ongoing innings. It is only the 4th time where at least 5 English batsmen score 50+ runs against Pakistan in a Test innings.
- Pakistan right-arm pacer Sohail Khan (1/102) and leg-spinner Yasir Shah (2/152), both conceded over 100 runs in the ongoing innings. It was the 18th time that 2 or more Pakistan bowlers conceded over 100 runs in a Test innings on English soil.
- At stumps on day 4, England made 414/5 in the 3rd innings of this match. It was England’s highest 2nd innings score against Pakistan in Test history. Previously England’s highest 2nd innings score against Pakistan was 345(3rd innings of the match) at Leeds in 2006.
Get all the news and other interesting details about the upcoming T20 tri-series (Nidahas Trophy) featuring India, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka. Follow an download IPL 2018 schedule. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to stay connected with all the news related to the league. Also, check live score and you can subsequently download the Sportzwiki cricket app for Android to stay updated.