India completed the whitewash in the 3-match ODI series against Zimbabwe in Zimbabwe after securing another win by 10 wickets in their 3rd and final ODI match against the home team in Harare on Wednesday.
After winning the toss, Zimbabwe decided to bat first and bundled out at just 123 runs (42.2 overs). In reply, India reached that target at 21.5 overs without losing any wicket. India won the match by 10 wickets with 169 balls to spare.
With this win, India won the 3-match ODI series by 3-0.
Some of the statistical highlights of the match are given below:
- Indian debutant opening batsman Faiz Fazal became India’s seventh oldest debutant cricketer in ODI history. Faiz Fazal made his ODI debut in this match at the age of 30 years 9 months and 9 days.
- Zimbabwe bowled out at just 123 runs in this match after batting first. It was Zimbabwe’s new second lowest total against India in a full 50-overs ODI match. Zimbabwe’s lowest ODI total against India (in a full 50-overs ODI match) was 65 (24.3 overs) at Harare on 29thAugust 2005.
On the other hand, it was also Zimbabwe’s new lowest 1st batting total against India in the ODI history.
- Debutant Faiz Fazal scored unbeaten 55 runs in this match. Faiz Fazal became 14thIndian batsman, 4th Indian left-handed batsman and 3rd Indian opening batsman to score 50+ runs in his debutant ODI.
- Another Indian opening batsman KL Rahul remained unbeaten on 63 runs. At present, KL Rahul is the highest batting average (without any limitation) holder in ODI cricket history. KL Rahul’s present ODI batting average is 196.00.
The next highest batting average (without any limitation) holder in ODI cricket is Hong Kong batsman Mark Chapman with 151.00 average (played only 2 innings).
- India won the match by 10 wickets with 169 balls to spare. It was India’s largest ODI victory against Zimbabwe by balls remaining in the second innings. The previous best was 150 balls remaining in Kanpur on 11th December 2000.
- Indian limited-over captain MS Dhoni became jointly second most ODI winning captain along with former Australian captain Allan Border (107 wins). This match was MS Dhoni’s 107 ODI victory. Another former Australian captain Ricky Ponting is currently the most ODI winning captain with 165 wins.
- MS Dhoni won the 3-match ODI series by 3-0. As an Indian captain, it was MS Dhoni’s first ever ODI series whitewash.
Get all the news and other interesting details about the upcoming T20 tri-series (Nidahas Trophy) featuring India, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka. Follow an download IPL 2018 schedule. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to stay connected with all the news related to the league. Also, check live score and you can subsequently download the Sportzwiki cricket app for Android to stay updated.