India got off to a perfect start in the second Test against West Indies at Sabina Park. On day 1 at Sabina Park, West Indies decided to bat first after winning the toss. After an early top order collapse, West Indies were bowled out for just 196 runs.
India made a strong reply in their first innings as the visitors were 126/1 at the stumps on day 1. Currently, India is trailing by 70 runs with 9 wickets in hands.
Brief Scores: West Indies – 196 (Jermaine Blackwood 62, Marlon Samuels 37, Ravichandran Ashwin 5/52)
India – 126/1 (KL Rahul 75*, Shikhar Dhawan 27, Roston Chase 1/28)
Here are some statistical highlights are given below of the day 1 of 2nd Test:
- Indian off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin bowled terrifically well on day 1. At the end of the first innings of the match, Ashwin ended with the bowling figure of 16-2-52-5. It is the 4th best Test innings bowling figure by a spinner at Sabina Park. Also, it is the 3rd best Test innings bowling figure by an Indian spinner at Sabina Park.
- R Ashwin’s 5/52 is the 2nd best 1st innings Test bowling figure by an Indian bowler in West Indies. The best bowling figure by an Indian bowler in West Indies in the 1st innings are 6/120 by Bhagwath Chandrasekhar at Port of Spain in 1976.
- West Indies were bundled out for just 196 runs in the first innings of the match. It is West Indies’ lowest home total in the first innings of a Test match against India. Also, it is West Indies’ 3rd lowest total in the first innings of a Test match against India.
- West Indies were bundled out in their first innings in just 52.3 overs. It is West Indies’ shortest innings (according to the no. of overs) against India in the 1st innings of a Test match. The previous shortest (according to the no. of overs) against India in the 1st innings of a Test match was 55.2 overs at Mumbai in 2013.
- Indian openers KL Rahul and Shikhar Dhawan put 87 runs partnership for the 1st wicket. It was the 2nd best Test opening partnership for India at Sabina Park. India’s best Test opening partnership at Sabina Park is 136 runs between Sunil Gavaskar and Anshuman Gaekwad in 1976.
Get all the news and other interesting details about the upcoming T20 tri-series (Nidahas Trophy) featuring India, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka. Follow an download IPL 2018 schedule. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to stay connected with all the news related to the league. Also, check live score and you can subsequently download the Sportzwiki cricket app for Android to stay updated.