West Indies is feeling pressure at the stumps on day 4 of the third Test at Gros Islet. West Indies began the day on their day 2’s final score 107/1 (day 3 washed out due to rain) and were going well. But their sudden middle order collapse forced them to bundle out for just 225 runs. India earned a handy first innings lead of 128 runs over the hosts.
In the second innings, India made 157/3 at the stumps of day 4. Currently, India has a lead 285 runs over West Indies.
Brief Scores: India – 353 (Ravichandran Ashwin 118, Wriddhiman Saha 104, Miguel Cummins 3/54) & 157/3 (Ajinkya Rahane 51*, Rohit Sharma 41*, Miguel Cummins 2/22)
West Indies – 225 (Kraigg Brathwaite 64, Marlon Samuels 48, Bhuvneshwar Kumar 5/33)
Here are some statistical highlights of day 4 of the 3rd Test:
- West Indian opening batsman Kraigg Brathwaite played a good knock of 64 runs. During his 64 runs innings, Kraigg faced 163 deliveries. Kraigg became 11th West Indian opening batsman to face 150+ deliveries against India in West Indies in a Test innings. Kraigg’s innings was the lowest (according to ball face) among those 11 times.
- Indian pacer Bhuvneshwar Kumar bowled superbly on day 2 and finished with the figure of 23.4-10-33-5 during West Indies’ first innings of this Test. It was the third best bowling figures by an Indian pacer on the Caribbean soil. Also, it was the 4th lowest conceded runs by an Indian pacer in overseas Test innings where the bowler claimed 5-wicket haul in that innings.
- West Indies were bowled out for 225 runs in their 1st innings. It was the 4th lowest total in a Test innings at Gros Islet and the 2nd lowest total for West Indies in a Test innings at Gros Islet.
- Indian skipper Virat Kohli was once again dismissed cheaply in this match for 4 runs. In the first innings of this Test, Kohli was dismissed for just 3 runs which means his aggregate runs is just 7 in this Test. It was Kohli’s joint lowest aggregate runs scored in his Test career in a match, where he batted in both innings of a Test match. Before this Test, Kohli also scored 7 runs (0 & 7) in aggregate at Manchester Test against England in 2014.
- In the ongoing India’s second innings, Rohit Sharma has already hit 3 sixes and is still batting on the crease. It was the joint second highest six hit by a batsman in a Test innings at Gros Islet. Before Rohit, Bangladesh batsman Mushfiqur Rahim also hit 3 sixes on this ground in a Test innings (against West Indies in 2004).
Former West Indian batsman Wavell Hinds hit most sixes (4 sixes against Sri Lanka in 2003) in a Test innings on this ground.
Get all the news and other interesting details about the upcoming T20 tri-series (Nidahas Trophy) featuring India, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka. Follow an download IPL 2018 schedule. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to stay connected with all the news related to the league. Also, check live score and you can subsequently download the Sportzwiki cricket app for Android to stay updated.