Windies vs India 2019, 1st T20I – Statistical Highlights
On Saturday (3rd August), India claimed a four-wicket victory (with 16 balls remaining) against Windies at Lauderhill in the first game of the three-match T20I series.
After winning the toss, the Indian captain Virat Kohli decided to bowl first. The Caribbean side managed to score only 95/9 in 20 overs. In reply, India chased down that target in 17.2 overs after losing six wickets.
Read More : Gautam Gambhir Hits Back Bishan Singh Bedi And Chetan Chauhan On Navdeep Saini’s International Debut
With this victory, India has taken a 1-0 lead in this series.
Brief Scores: Windies – 95/9 in 20 overs (Kieron Pollard 49, Nicholas Pooran 20; Navdeep Saini 3/17)
India – 98/6 in 17.2 overs (Rohit Sharma 24, Manish Pandey 19; Sunil Narine 2/14)
Result – India won by four wickets
Here are some of the statistical highlights of the match:
i) Windies scored 95/9 in 20 overs.
- It is the lowest completed T20I total for Windies against India. Their previous lowest was 109/8 (20 overs) at Kolkata on 4th November 2018.
- It is the second-lowest total for Windies in the first innings of a T20I match. Their lowest record is 71 (13 overs) against England at Basseterre on 10th March 2019.
- It is the sixth-lowest completed T20I total for Windies.
i) India won their 50th T20I match outside India.
- India becomes the second team to win 50 T20I matches outside the home soil. Pakistan was the first team to achieve this feat as they have won 81 T20Is outside the home soil.
- It was the second time in T20I history when both the Windies openers scored ducks in the same innings. Their first such experience was against New Zealand at Mount Maunganui on 3rd January 2018, when the Windies openers Chadwick Walton and Chris Gayle scored the ducks.
- It was the 15th time in T20I history where both the openers scored ducks in the same innings.
i) Windies cricketer Kieron Pollard (49 runs) scored 51.58% runs of Windies’ total of this match.
- It is the second most percentage runs of a T20I innings total for a Windies batsman. The record is scoring 62.38% runs of the total of 101 runs (17.4 overs) by Chris Gayle (63*) against Sri Lanka at Kennington Oval (London) on 19th June 2009.
i) Indian pacer Navdeep Saini had the bowling figures of 4-1-17-3.
- It is the second-best T20I bowling figures by an Indian bowler against Windies. The record is 4-0-13-3 by the left-arm chinaman Kuldeep Yadav at Kolkata on 4th November 2018.
- It is the second-best bowling figures by an Indian right-arm bowler on T20I debut. The record is 4-0-9-3 by the right-arm pacer Bhuvneshwar Kumar against Pakistan at Bengaluru on 25th December 2012.
- It is the joint fourth-best bowling figures by an Indian bowler on T20I debut.
- Navdeep Saini is the third Indian bowler to bowl a maiden over on T20I debut. The first two Indian bowlers were Ajit Agarkar and Khaleel Ahmed.
i) Indian left-arm spinner Ravindra Jadeja completed 400 international wickets.
- Ravindra Jadeja is the second Indian left-arm bowler to claim 400 international wickets. The left-arm pacer Zaheer Khan took 597 international wickets.
- Ravindra Jadeja is the fourth Indian spinner to take 400 international wickets. The other Indian spinners to achieve this feat was Anil Kumble (953 wickets), Harbhajan Singh (707 wickets) and Ravichandran Ashwin (544 wickets).
- Ravindra Jadeja is the fifth left-arm spinner in international cricket history to pick up 400 international wickets.
- Ravindra Jadeja is the seventh Indian bowler to take 400 international wickets.
i) Windies off-spinner Sunil Narine has taken 52 T20I wickets.
- It is the joint second-most T20I wickets for a Windies bowler. Former Windies right-arm pacer Dwayne Bravo also took 52 T20I wickets. The record-holder is the leg-spinner Samuel Badree with 54 T20I wickets.
IPL 2020: Krishnappa Gowtham Moves To Kings XI Punjab
Rajasthan Royals have traded their all-rounder Krishnappa Gowtham with Kings XI Punjab. In turn, Punjab has already traded their fast bowler Ankit Rajpoot with Rajasthan Royals. Earlier it was confirmed that Rajpoot has moved to Rajasthan Royals. However, there was no confirmation with which Rajasthan…
Will Wriddhiman Saha Surpass MS Dhoni’s Record In Bangladesh Test Series?
Wriddhiman Saha has become the first priority for the wicketkeeper role in Test matches. Saha is about to break the record of former Indian captain MS Dhoni in India vs Bangladesh series. After registering the victory in T20I series, India is currently preparing for the…