Happy Birthday, Zaheer Khan…! India’s star pacer turns 37 today. The Mumbai lad has taken India to many memorable victories which include the 2011 world cup and the 2007 test series in England.
Sportzwiki takes a look at 10 of his interesting trivia.
1. With 311 wickets, Zaheer Khan is India’s most successful fast bowler after Kapil Dev in Tests.
2. He became the third Indian bowler to have taken more than 150 Test wickets outside India.
3. He was India’s highest wicket-taker in the 2003 WC.
4. With 21 wickets, Zaheer was the joint highest wicket-taker with Sahid Afridi in the 2011 World Cup.
5. In county cricket, Zaheer became the first Worcestershire player to take 10 wickets in a match on debut for over 100 years.
6. He was the highest wicket-taker in the year 2007 picking up an astonishing 81 wickets in Tests and ODIs.
7. Against Australia in 2008, Zaheer became the third Indian after Rusi Surti and Kapil Dev to score a half century and take five wickets in an innings in the same match.
8. Zaheer has bagged 11 five wicket hauls and 1 ten wicket haul in Tests.
9. With 18 wickets, Zaheer was the highest wicket-taker in India’s 2007 series win in England.
10. Zaheer Khan was named Wisden Cricketer of the year in 2008.
Shikhar Dhawan Reveals Secret Behind His Success In ICC Tournaments
India’s limited-overs opener Shikhar Dhawan has revealed the secret behind his success in the major ICC tournaments. The southpaw has been a consistent performer in the big events and his penchant for the big matches is well known. Dhawan was the golden bat winner of…
FA Cup Gets A Green Signal For Resumption As Management Reveals Return Date After COVID-19 Crisis
FA Cup, the cup championship in English football, has been given a green flag by the English Football Association to resume action after the onslaught of the coronavirus pandemic globally. The announcement comes after a day of announcing the Premier League return. No venues or…