Want to be a professional cricketer?
After the honours of the 2014 Ivestec series between England and India were shared 1 each with two matches to go, India chose to bat first in a cloudy morning at Manchester, the venue for the fourth test. India were off to a pathetic start after getting reduced for 8-4 in 31 balls. Eventually India managed to score 152 courtesy few crucial knocks from MS Dhoni, R Ashwin and Ajinkya Rahane. India, during their pathetic performance, created few records which are dubious. Here are the list of unwanted records created by India.
- India at 8/4 at Old Trafford yesterday was in a much better position than they were at 4/0 at Headlingley, Leeds in June 1952.
- Yesterday’s duck against England is first duck for Cheteshwar Pujara in 39 Test innings. His 6th in First Class cricket. He recorded his last duck in November 2008 while playing for Saurashtra against Gujarat at Rajkot.
- Six ducks in the same innings for India equals the dubious Test record held by three other teams (Pakistan, South Africa & Bangladesh).
- The only other time 5 ducks in the same Test innings (by Australia) at Old Trafford was during the Jack the Ripper season of 1888 i.e 126 years ago.
- The only positive factor for India is that their total of 152 is the highest for a team with 6 ducks in same Test innings.
- So far the only pacemen without a wicket in this series are Pankaj Singh (52 overs), Chris Woakes (41 overs) and Stuart Binny (20 overs).
Stats Courtesy: @mohanstatsman