We haven’t yet completed even half of the tournament and already there have been few heated conversations among the players. The latest one being between Keiron Pollard and Mitchell Starc, where things went really ugly.
Is it the pressure to perform well, that makes the players react in such a way or is it their aggressiveness towards the game that gets the better of them. We have compiled a list of players whom we would classify as Aggressive XI of Pepsi IPL –
1) Virat Kohli – He has become a icon of playing aggressively in today’s cricket. He could afford to be aggressive and pass few comments while he plays under MS Dhoni, but when he himself leads the whole team he needs to get more calmer. Who can forget the heated fight him and Gautam Gambhir in the previous season.
3) Parthiv Patel – Another RCB player. His own team mates have made a comment that this wicket-keeper batsman gets on their nerves by passing comments, while standing behind the wicket. AB de Villiers also said that he his happy to be playing with him and not against him.
4) Keiron Pollard – West Indians know only one time of game and that is playing aggressively and Pollard follows just that. Pollard exploded when he moved off and Starc almost aimed the ball at Pollard. That took his hormonal level to an other high, Pollard got so angry that he hurled his bat at Starc. Not only this incident, there have been earlier instances as well when Pollard has intimidated the batsmen while bowling.
5) Harbhajan Singh – No one can keep him out of this list. Though this bowler has cooled down a bit in recent times but while he is on the field and some hit his bowling out of the park, then the batsmen is asking for trouble as he has awaken the sleeping Turbanator.
6) Darren Sammy – Both by his batting and bowling Darren Sammy has got to the nerves of the opposition. His aggressive approach to the game leads him to make it to this list.
7) Shane Watson – While West Indians are known of their aggressive approach, Australians are nowhere behind. Shane Watson has been one of those players who enjoys getting into conversations with the opposite team players and often makes them lose concentration by doing so, at times it has back-fired upon him as well.
8) James Faulkner – Third Aussie in this list. Previous season he was calm bowler as he had just entered the world of IPL. Now he has already experienced one season of IPL and now has is own ways to mentally effect the batsmens game.
Other players who have also made it to the list are –
10) Dale Steyn
11) Morne Morkel
If you feel we have missed out any of the players and they deserve a spot in this XI, then let us know by your comments –
|Jaipur Pink Panthers||7||6||30|
|Dabang Delhi K.C.||7||5||29|
Match No. 46 – Bengal Warriors vs Dabang Delhi K.C. at Jawaharlal Nehru Indoor Stadium, Chennai.
In match no. 46 of VIVO Pro Kabaddi Season 7, Bengal Warriors and Dabang Delhi K.C. tie at 30-30 in Jawaharlal Nehru Indoor…
Heinrich Klaasen Replaces Injured Rudi Second In The Test Squad For India Tour
The wicketkeeper-batsman Heinrich Klaasen has earned a call-up to the Test squad for the upcoming tour of India after the…