Australia vs India: 1st Test: Interesting facts on Day 1
The Border-Gavaskar Test series between Australia and India started in a good fashion with both the team paying tribute to Phillip Hughes. During the first day play, there are some interesting facts to be looked at.
Interesting facts during 1st day:
- Phillip Hughes, who passed away after been hit by ball on neck on the field was named as 13th man for this test as mark of respect by Cricket Australia.
- For the 8th Consecutive instance, the Border-Gavaskar trophy began with the Australia batting on the first day i.e. the Australia batted first in the first match of last 7 (8 including present match) series.
- For the 7th Consecutive instance, the Australian won the toss in the first match of the Border-Gavaskar trophy. In all those instances, they chosen to bat first.
- Indians are playing this match without anyone of MS Dhoni, Suresh Raina, Ravindra Jadeja and R Ashwin. The last time any of these four player didn’t feature in an International match for India was in 2010, 17-21 January against Bangladesh in Test Match at Chittagong.
- That match was also the last instance when none players of the IPL team, Chennai Super Kings played in a match for India.
- Karn Sharma became the 10th Sharma to play Test Cricket with last Sharma been Rohit Sharma.
- Rohit Sharma and Ishant Sharma are the last two Sharmas’ before Karn Sharma to debut in Test Cricket also featured in the present match.
- Karn Sharma’s debut wicket was off Warner who departed after been caught by Ishant at deep midwicket. The wicket read: c: Sharma b: Sharma
|Dabang Delhi K.C.||9||7||39|
|Jaipur Pink Panthers||11||7||37|
Somerset Sign Murali Vijay For Three County Games
Somerset has taken the services of out of favor Indian opener Murali Vijay for three County matches as an overseas…
Harbhajan Singh Reveals Why Ravichandran Ashwin Loses His Place In Test Side
The senior-most Indian off-spinner Harbhajan Singh feels that Ravichandran Ashwin has lost his regular Test place due to his poor…