It was the first day of the second Test between India and Australia at Brisbane. After winning the toss, India opted to bat first against Australia. And at stumps, as it stands, India are in a convincible position in their first innings. There have been some great knocks with the bat and also some brilliant display of bowling throughout the day. To sum it up all, here is the list of the hits and flops of the day.
HITS of The Day
- Murali Vijay (India): The right handed opener of India missed his century at Adelaide by a matter of 1 run but today he was in his full swing and scored a brilliant century. He became the 7th Indian to score a test century in Australia and his innings comprised of some fabulous drives. He reached to his century with a fantastic cover drive. He was dismissed by Lyon at the score of 144 runs. He hit 22 boundaries to reach to that score.
- Ajinkya Rahane (India): This man came in to bat in a sort of tough situation. Virat Kohli was just dismissed then and India desperately needed a partnership to keep things going. He poised a good partnership alongside Murali Vijay and went on to score a well deserving half century for the team. He remained unbeaten at the score of 75 runs at stumps of the first day’s play.
- Josh Hazzlewood (Australia): The Aussie fast bowler made his Test debut today and he was offered the baggy green cap by the legendary fast bowler, Glenn McGrath. He bowled with perfect line and length and gave no room to the batsmen to play strokes. He bowled 15.2 overs today and bagged 2 wickets by giving away 44 runs.
FLOPS of The Day
- Virat Kohli (India): The most dependable batsman for India, the man who scored centuries in both the innings of the first test did not have his day today. He got a good start to his innings but failed to convert. He was dismissed at a score of 19 runs by Hazzlewood.
- Mitchell Johnson (Australia): The speedster of Australia did not have a great day today at the center. He went for plenty of runs and was hardly able to trouble the Indian batsmen to a considerable extent. He bowled 15 overs today and gave away 64 runs.
- Shikhar Dhawan (India): Once again the left handed opener got a start to his innings but was unable to convert it into a big one. He was dismissed at a score of 24 today which he managed to score of 39 deliveries.
|Dabang Delhi K.C.||17||13||72|
|Jaipur Pink Panthers||18||7||47|
MS Dhoni Backing Out Of International Matches To Prepare Rishabh Pant For T20 World Cup: Report
MS Dhoni’s continued absence from international cricket has raised many eyebrows. After missing the Wes Indies and South Africa series…
WWE News: The Fiend Scares Away Seth Rollins On WWE Raw, Again
The Fiend Bray Wyatt continues to feed off his strength with newer opponents with every passing week. Even on the…