Australia vs New Zealand 2nd Test Day One – Statistical highlights
If the first Test at the Gabba was a nightmare for the Kiwis, this was just a slaughtering! Perth has traditionally been a stronghold of the Kangaroos, and it was no different for the second Test against the Blackcaps either. David Warner has undoubtedly been in the form of his life, as he notched up yet another test century, the 15th of his career. Warner now has three centuries in three innings in this series. He in so many ways is defining the course of fluency in run making.
Warner soon got to his maiden double century and his leap in the air was just a measure of what it meant to him. Warner remained unbeaten on 244 on the first day, and will be looking to get to the prestigious triple ton on the second morning. Who knows, if the little dynamite gets going, Brian Lara’s record might well be in danger.
Usman Khawaja continued his excellent form as well, as he was dismissed for 121 by Doug Bracewell. The second wicket stand between Warner and Khawaja was of 302 runs, and the highest in test matches between Australia and New Zealand.
Below, are the statistical highlights for the first day’s play between Australia and New Zealand at the WACA.
1. 9. The number of centuries by David Warner in test matches since 2014 as an opener. The second highest is 4.for an opener
2. 84. The number of innings taken by David Warner to get to 15 test centuries.
3. 45. Test matches taken by David Warner to notch up 4000 runs. Only Don Bradman reached quicker for Australia in 31 innings.
4. 244*. Most runs by a batsman in Australia on the first day of a Test match.
5. 523*. The number of runs scored by Warner in this series so far, in just 3 innings.
ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 2020: Day Two – West Indies And New Zealand Start With Comfortable Victories
On day two of the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 2020, West Indies Women thrashed Thailand Women while New Zealand Women clinched a solid victory against Sri Lanka Women. (Group B) Thailand Women – 78/9 (20 overs) vs West Indies Women – 80/3 (16.4 overs);…
Four Indian Players Whose Careers Ended After The 2011 World Cup
To win the ICC World Cup, it takes sweat of the whole team to lift the coveted trophy. India cricket team has two times got the chance to reach on top and win the World Cup. The Men in Blue won their first-ever World Cup…