Cricket is gaining its popularity day by day. There are a number of countries where this game is widespread. In India, there are as many as over 45 cricket grounds where international matches were being held. Also, plenty of cricket is being held throughout the globe in modern days. In this article, we are to emphasize on the frequency of international matches being played worldwide. Here is the list of the number of ODIs being hosted in various countries.
1. Australia – 559 ODIS: Australia leads the chart here. The country has hosted 559 ODIs. Australia has been a cricket venue from very old times and also they have a decent number of grounds. The Melbourne Cricket Ground and the Sydney Cricket Ground are the perfect ODI venues in the country. Other grounds include the one in Adelaide, Perth, Brisbane and others.
2. India – 400 ODIs: India is second in the list. The country has hosted 400 ODIs till date. The atmosphere in the stadiums of India is simply electric and almost all the international matches held here register full crowd attendances. There are a huge number of grounds in this country. The best ones are Eden Gardens and Wankhede Stadium.
3. England – 370 ODIs: Cricket was started playing in England a long time ago. England is perhaps one of the oldest cricketing venues. Four times, the World Cup tournamentswere held in England. The Lords’ is considered to be one of the prime cricketing venues of the World.
4. South Africa – 303 ODIs: South Africa has hosted the World Cup tournament of 2003. South Africa has been hosting international cricket for more than the past two decades. The Wanderers and Centurion are the prime cricketing venues of the country.
5. West Indies – 276 ODIs: West Indies is also a cricketing venue but the modern standards of the cricket playing conditions lack in the country. Also, most of the grounds lack floodlights system. The prime cricketing locations are Barbados and Sabina Park.
6. Sri Lanka – 272 ODIs: Sri Lanka had jointly hosted the World Cup tournaments in 1996 and in 2011. Sri Lanka has been a good cricketing venue and most of the grounds there are typically best suited for batsmen. The prime ground in Sri Lanka is in Colombo.
7. New Zealand – 268 ODIs: This country has some of the picture perfect stadiums of the world with lush green outfield and beautiful stadiums. New Zealand will also be one of the joint hosts of the 2015 Cricket World Cup. Also, the grounds are modernized in the country and there are plenty of facilities available. The prime grounds in the country include that of Christchurch and Auckland.
8. UAE – 256 ODIs: Well some may be surprised by the inclusion of UAE. But it is a fact that UAE has hosted over 250 ODIs. In fact, Sharjah was considered as one of the prime cricketing venues of the World a decade earlier. Also, since 2009, Pakistan’s home matches have been held at UAE.
9. Pakistan – 206 ODIs: Pakistan also used to host international matches but that came to question several number of times. When the Sri Lankan team was attacked by terrorists in 2009, international cricket was stopped in Pakistan and since then no international team felt secure enough to tour to Pakistan.
“I Don’t Think About India Comeback” – Says Prithvi Shaw After Maiden Double-Century On First-Class Return
Prithvi Shaw made a sparkling return to the first-class cricket. Playing his first four-day match after more than a year, the right-handed batsman scored his maiden double-century to announce his comeback in domestic cricket. Shaw had already played six Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy matches before…
WWE News: CM Punk Wants Lana To Hang in Shark Cage At Wrestlemania 36!
The most-watched YouTube videos from Monday Night Raw segments have, is of the love triangle going on the show. Ronda Rousey Is In No Hurry To Return To The WWE? The hits on the adultery segments featuring Rusev, Bobby Lashley and Lana have been way…