Courtney Browne, chief selector of the West Indies cricket team, has said Darren Bravo needs to sort out his differences with the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) in order to be eligible for selection in the national squad.
“At this stage, all I know is there is supposed to have been some discussion between Darren’s team and WICB,” Browne told Line and Length Network.
“Until that is settled, I don’t think there will be much going on in terms of Darren playing cricket. He is a talented young man, one of our better players. Obviously, it was sad to lose him but at times these things happen, you just need to deal with it and see how you can get him back on the field playing cricket,” he added.
Last year, Darren Bravo let his emotions flow after he was offered a grade C contract by the West Indies Cricket Board. He hit out at the President of the board Dave Cameron with a tweet against him and even called him an idiot. Following this, he was withdrawn from the Tri-Series in Zimbabwe due to inappropriate and unacceptable behaviour towards the WICB.
Recently, Bravo was dealt a blow as he was not selected in the Trinidad and Tobago squad for the Regional Super 50 tournament. Though Bravo had a meeting with the officials via Skype but the details of the meetings are yet to be revealed.
Browne has confirmed that Bravo, despite being one of the best players in the country, has to first sort out his differences with the board before being considered for selection.
West Indies is set to play an ODI series against England before taking on Pakistan in a complete series from March 31 to May 14.