England v India: stats – Bhuvneshwar Kumar on the verge of history
We bring you the statistical highpoints of the second day’s play at Old Trafford, Manchester.
1) India’s rising star and number one bowler Bhuvneshwar Kumar has dismissed 18 England batsmen at an average of 21.77 in the series so far, which means he now shares a record for most wickets by an Indian in a Test series against England in England. The bowler he is poised to overtake is Zaheer Khan who had claimed 18 scalps (ave.20.33) wickets. Zaheer, though, only played in three Tests in 2007.
2) Now on to some batting stats, as Joe Root is turning out to be Mr consistent in home Tests. He has amassed 1181 runs at an average of 59.05 in 13 home Tests. His performance this year, though, has gone two notches up, as he scored 599 runs in only six Tests at staggering average of 85.57, which includes two hundreds and as many fifties.
3) Since we are on Root, the Yorkshire man enjoys batting against India, scoring 433 runs in five Tests at an average of 86.60, with help of a hundred and three fifties.
4) Now back to Kumar whose strike rate this series is of 47.6 which his best in a Test series EVER. In this series he has claimed two five-wicket hauls – at Nottingham and at Lord’s respectively.
6) Ian Bell (58) notched up his 42nd Test fifty overall and his fourth vs India. His stats at Old Trafford are superlative, collecting 608 runs at an average of 76.00 in seven matches played.
Umar Akmal Keeps Coming Back: Tanvir Ahmed Slams Poor PCB Conduct
Umar Akmal has been suspended by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) for an alleged breach of its Anti-Corruption code. However, former Pakistan fast bowler Tanvir Ahmed, has slammed the conduct of the board as Umar Akmal had kept coming back to the side despite his…
Sachin Tendulkar Suggested MS Dhoni To Be Promoted In 2011 World Cup Final
Gautam Gambhir put the chase for Team India into perspective in the 2011 World Cup final after losing early wickets. He stayed firm, dispatched the odds balls to the fence, and continued to built on a well-composed innings. But it was the decision to promote…