It has been one of the proudest days for the Indian cricket and as it happened, India won the 2nd Test at Lords’s by a margin of 95 runs. India won an overseas test after a matter of almost 3 years. This is indeed a moment of pride for the men in blue. While on the other hand, the English squad’s mis-fortune continues and after this loss, Cook’s captaincy will be surely in doubt as the entire nation raised their voices against the strategies of the present Captain. Throughout the day, there has been a list of some notable performances. Here are the list of the HITS and FLOPS.
FLOPS of The Day
- Matt Prior: The English Wicket Keeper had a bad day at the center and he did not manage to put up a valiant effort with the bat when his team required him to perform the most. In fact after the 101 run stand between, Moeen Ali and Root was broken, no English batsman managed to stay for long. Prior scored only 12 runs today.
- Stuart Broad: This English man saved his country with his batting performances many times. But it was not his day today and he did not manage to stay at the crease for long and managed to score just 8 runs.
- Ravindra Jadeja: He did not impress with his bowling performance today. He took the initial breakthrough yesterday but he did not manage to put the batsmen to trouble in the first session of the day’s play. And at a time, it looked like, England are going to win the match comfortably.
HITS of The Day
- Ishant Sharma: He has been the prime man for India today and he almost single handedly destroyed the English line up. Initially, in the very last over before lunch, he broke the crucial partnership of Root and Moeen Ali and that breakthrough later proved to be a match winning one. He took 7 wickets in the innings and is the first Indian to take 7 wickets in an innings in Lord’s. His figures were as such 23overs-6maidens-74runs-7wickets.
- Bhuvaneshwar Kumar: This young talent did not manage to take a wicket today but he did impress with his tight line and length. He created pressure among the English batsmen and did set the stage for Ishant Sharma to bowl aggressively. He also swung the ball to a great extent.
- Joe Root: This English man had given a single handed effort to save his team from the calamity. But he could not manage to save his team. Other batsmen did not manage to assist him well. He scored 66 runs and was dismissed then by Ishant Sharma.
Adam Gilchrist Backs Australia to Score 500 Runs at the ICC World Cup 2019
Former wicketkeeper-batsman for Australia, Adam Gilchrist conceded 500 runs are not that far that a team could score in the…
ICC World Cup 2019: I Want to See Virat Kohli Holding the Trophy at the Lord’s Balcony on 14th July Quips India Fielding Coach R Sridhar
The 12th edition of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 is just around the corner and all the participating teams…