Trailing by 544 runs with 9 wickets in hand, India were in definite pressure right from the start of the 3rd day’s play. This day was hugely crucial for them and they had to fight back stronger and had to put a valiant effort with the bat to save the test. But at the end of the day, it seems as if India are in further danger and have possible chances of losing the test. Throughout the day, there has been some strong performances by some Indians with the bat and the English bowlers were definitely spot on target. Here is the list of the hits and flops:
FLOPS of The Day
- Cheteshwar Pujara: One of the most dependable batsmen of India did not manage to perform well enough today. He started the innings today alongside Murali Vijay and India needed a responsible innings from him. He started off things well but did not manage to carry on and he was dismissed at 24 runs off 52 deliveries by Broad.
- Rohit Sharma: He played his first innings in England today and he disappointed with his performance. His team needed a firm innings from him as India desperately needed that. He managed to score just 28 runs off 61 balls. He was deceived by the flight of Moeen Ali. And with his dismissal, India got into much deeper trouble.
- Chris Jordan: When the likes of Anderson and Broad were tormenting the Indian batsmen, Chris Jordan did not manage to capitalize on the pressure that was created. He looked ordinary in his bowling and gave away 59 runs in his 17 overs and went wicketless.
HITS of The Day
- James Anderson: The English speedster did perform exceptionally well with the ball. He deceived the Indian batsmen by his swingers and his strict line and length brought him wickets. He took the wickets of Kohli and Jadeja today and at stumps of the 3rd day, his figures stand as 3 for 52 runs.
- Stuart Broad: This pacer too played his part today and is also hugely responsible for putting his team in a commanding position at the end of the day’s play. He bagged 3 wickets by conceding 61 runs. He kept a tight line and length throughout the day and ultimately got the price of it.
- Ajinkya Rahane: He was one of the 2 Indian batsmen with a score of over 50. He played well today and defended well throughout his innings. He played perfect shots and also managed to play the outstanding swingers of Broad and Anderson. He scored 54 runs and was dismissed by Moeen Ali.
- MS Dhoni: When his side were losing constant wickets from one end, the captain cool stayed firm on the other end and managed to stay on with the fight till stumps. He remained unbeaten on 50 runs at stumps of the day and India need something magical from him tomorrow to save the test.
IPL 2019: Match 34, Delhi Capitals vs Mumbai Indians- Match Review
It turned out to be a convincing victory for Mumbai Indians as they defeated Delhi Capitals by 40 runs in…
IPL 2019: Watch – Hardik Pandya Imitates Helicopter Shot to Perfection to Dismiss Kagiso Rabada over Long-on
Mumbai Indians (MI) all-rounders Hardik Pandya and Krunal Pandya powered their side to post 168 runs at the end of…