It is no wonder that Sourav Ganguly is considered as the god father of the Indian cricket. He was the one who inducted the quality of ‘agression’ into play and lead the men in blue to great heights. In this piece of article, we will get you some of the unknown or lesser known facts about our very own Dada:
- Sourav Ganguly Is a left handed batsmen but he is naturally a right hander. He learned the left hander style of batting from his brother, Snehasish from whom he learned how to play cricket.
- Dona Ganguly, his wife was a childhood friend and got married to her against the wish of his parents.
- London and Darjeeling are his favourite holiday spots. Calcutta is his favourite city especially he loves Dusshera.
- He considers dancing for the Honda advertisement alongside Hrithik Roshan as the most embarrassing moment of his life.
- Just like our current captain, Mahendra Singh Dhoni, the first love of the captain courageous was Football. Even today, he says, he would love to watch football than cricket on TV.
- Sourav Ganguly owns a three storey restaurant in Kolkata which was opened by Sachin Tendulkar in 2004. Its known as ‘Sourav’s- The Food Pavilion’ and it is located in Posh Park Street of Calcutta.
- His first test cap and the first bat are the most valuable cricket possessions to him.
- His most favourite food is Briyani and he is very fond of Alu Posto and Chingri Makar Malaikari
- Many players consider the jersey number as a token of luck. Sourav Ganguly changes jersey numbers based on his mother’s insistence every time.
- The first thing that sourav ganguly is known to do after entering a hotel room is where to place the goddess kali picture and his wife Dona’s picture alongside the bed.
Yuzvendra Chahal-Kuldeep Yadav Are Important For India In ICC World Cup 2019 – Virat Kohli
The last few years have been sensational for Yuzvendra Chahal and Kuldeep Yadav. They have outsmarted top-class batting lineups to…
IPL 2019: Match 34, DC vs MI – Twitter Reacts as Mumbai Indians Rout Delhi Capitals at Kotla
Mumbai Indians (MI) played some good cricket to put a brake on Delhi Capitals (DC) winning run as they beat…