India remains winless in T20 internationals against New Zealand, having lost five in five. Sodhi, Santner and McCullum have beaten India at their own game and a humbling defeat it is. India is a strong contender to lift the ICC T20 world cup trophy. But, they lost the first match by 47 runs. Their innings collapsed in just 79 runs. We have seen many special innings played by India in t-20 format. But, there also some worst batting performances in this shorter format. Let’s see five worst batting performances in T-20 by India.
1) India vs Australia, 1 February 2008 at Melbourne.
It was a the match, played in Melbourne, where India faced against heavyweight Australia in 2008. India won the toss and elected to bat first. Top six batsmen did not cross ‘two figure’ marks. India lost their all ten wickets in 17.3 overs, scored just 74 runs. Australia won the match by 9 wickets with 52 balls remaining.
2) India faced New Zealand in ICC World T-20 in Nagpur. New Zealand had not played in the subcontinent for two years, but their batting had all the symptoms of it to put up only 126 for 7. India managed only 79 and lost their all ten wickets.
3) India showed poor batting performance against South Africa in Cuttack on 5 Oct 2015. India lost the toss in home condition. South Africa Captain Fab Du Plessis won the toss and elected to field first. Indian top order collapsed in first ten overs. Opener Rohit Sharma and Shikhar Dhawan started well, but they got out after few balls. India scored 92 runs lost their all ten wickets in 17.2 overs. South Africa touched their target in 17. 1 Overs. They won by six wickets with 17 balls remaining.
4) The fourth lowest total in t-20 by India is 101. In this year, India took on SriLanka at Pune. SriLanka won the toss and elected to field first. India lost their ten wickets by 101 runs in 18.5 overs. SriLanka clinched the victory by 5 wickets in hand.
5) It was a worst T-20 match at Trent Bridge, where India faced off South Africa in their Group-E encounter. Graeme Smith, captain of South Africa won the toss, elected to bat first. They scored 130 against Indian bowling attack. But, in front of pacer like Morne Morkel and dale Steyn , Indian batsmen managed just 118 runs by 8 wickets.
|Dabang Delhi K.C.||16||13||69|
|Jaipur Pink Panthers||18||7||47|
Kagiso Rabada Praises Young South African Team After Winning Bengaluru T20I
South African pacer Kagiso Rabada praised the young Proteas side after winning the Bengaluru T20I and saving the T20I series…
India Vs South Africa 2019/20: Third T20I – South Africa Levels Series After Dominating Victory
South African bowlers and captain Quinton de Kock helped the visitors to win the Bengaluru T20I and level the three-match…