Hashim Amla, David Miller Join The List Of Cricketers Concerned With Team India’s Participation In 2017 Champion Trophy
South African cricketing duo David Miller and Hashim Amla have expressed their concerns over the ongoing BCCI v ICC tussle that threatens the participation of India in the upcoming Champions Trophy 2017.
They collectively feel that it would be a great loss if the Indian team pulls out of the Champions Trophy, as their large number of followers would miss their men playing in the multi-nation tournament.
“If they do not participate in the Champions Trophy, it is going to be a big loss because India has huge number cricket followers in the world. Hence, it is not going to be great for stakeholders,” Miller said.
“If India pulls out, it will be a huge loss for Champions Trophy getting exposure. If somebody wants to see an exciting Champions Trophy, then all eight top teams in the world should be participating.”
India’s participation in the Champions Trophy 2017 is on everybody’s mind these days. A few days ago, South Africa’s ODI skipper AB de Villiers also showed concern about the issue. He felt India will be a strong competitor and it would a loss for ICC, Indian Cricket team and the spectators if BCCI pulls out of the tournament.
“The ICC would want India to play the Champions Trophy,” he said. “India won it last time in England and they will be ready for a strong campaign around this year as well,” he said while speaking to NDTV.
Indian captain Virat Kohli and Anil Kumble also expressed their anxiousness over the issue. The duo has stated separately that administrative issues must not come in the way of players while expressing the desire to play and defend their title.
Former cricketers Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly and Rahul Dravid have also voiced some similar feelings.
The cricket fans experienced a whiff of relief finally on May 4th after the Supreme Court appointed Committee of Administrators (COA) directed the BCCI board members to announce the Champions Trophy squad immediately. The news came out a couple of days after COA had warned the Board members from taking any independent decision on Team India’s participation.
Earlier, the BCCI had missed the deadline to announce the squad as a result of the new constitution and a financial model adopted by the ICC. Things became trickier after BCCI rejected ICC’s counter offer and was thumped in the ICC meetings in Dubai last month.
The new financial model was approved last month during the Annual General Meeting. BCCI’s disagreement comes due to the revenue sharing model. The newly passed model cuts down the BCCI’s central revenue pool from $570 million to $293 million.
In order to settle down the matter, the ICC even offered an addition 100 million dollars deal along with the original proposal. However, BCCI flatly refused to accept the offer.
India Vs Windies 2019/20: ODI Series – Kieron Pollard Highly Praises Roston Chase
After losing the back-to-back T20I series against Afghanistan and India (however, Windies won a Test match against Afghanistan between these series), Kieron Pollard-led Windies team is looking to end this calendar year with a positive result in the three-match ODI series against the hosts India….
Mark Boucher Appointed Head Coach Of South Africa Men’s National Cricket Team
Former South African wicketkeeper-batsman Mark Boucher has been appointed as the head coach of the South African men’s national cricket team on Saturday (14th December). He will remain in this post till the ICC Cricket World Cup 2023. On last Wednesday (11th December), the Cricket…