Highest Run Rates in Batting Powerplay since October 2012
The game of Cricket has evolved to a great extent. In the shorter format of the game, i.e. ODIs, new rules have been set up and enforced. The rule of powerplay overs has been changed for quite a few times.
In it’s settled version, the power play overs comprise of two sections, one being mandatory one and the other being the batting power play. The batting power play comprise of 5 overs and it is taken by the wish of the batting team. Some teams make full utilizations of it while others fail to make an impact.
Here is the list of the teams with their run rates in their batting powerplay in ODIs since October, 2012.
1. Australia, 7.20: The Australian team has always dominated in the shorter formats of the game and here too, they top the list with a whooping run rate of 7.20 in the batting power play overs. This shows that they execute their plans right.
2. India, 6.94: India is in the second spot in the list. For the past few years, there has been plenty of aggressive batsmen in the Indian line up in the likes of Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan and others who in most of the times utilized the fullest from the batting power play.
3. West Indies, 6.50: The West Indian batting has been known for it’s hard hitting batsmen. They have maintained a run rate of 6.50 in the batting power play but in keeping such a high run rate, they have given away wickets in regular intervals.
4. Sri Lanka, 6.30: Sri Lanka has been playing well consistently for the past few years. Also they have got good number of attacking batsmen in the likes of Dilshan, Mathews and Sangakkara.
5. Pakistan, 6.13: Pakistan’s batting line up has been questioned of consistent performances for a number of times in the past. But they managed to perform steadily in the batting powerplay and their run rate is over 6.
6. New Zealand, 6.11: The New Zealand side’s batting has improved to a considerable extent in the past few years. They have been setting up high scores quite often and their average run rate in the batting power play is quite decent.
7. England, 6.05: The English side has maintained a steady run rate of 6.05 in their batting powerplay overs.
8. South Africa, 5.89: The Proteas has been an immensely strong batting side for the past few years with batsmen like Amla, AB de Villiers and Miller up the order. They have maintained an average run rate of 5.89 in the batting power play which is moderately good.
Stats till 20th January, 2015
“I Don’t Think About India Comeback” – Says Prithvi Shaw After Maiden Double-Century On First-Class Return
Prithvi Shaw made a sparkling return to the first-class cricket. Playing his first four-day match after more than a year, the right-handed batsman scored his maiden double-century to announce his comeback in domestic cricket. Shaw had already played six Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy matches before…
WWE News: CM Punk Wants Lana To Hang in Shark Cage At Wrestlemania 36!
The most-watched YouTube videos from Monday Night Raw segments have, is of the love triangle going on the show. Ronda Rousey Is In No Hurry To Return To The WWE? The hits on the adultery segments featuring Rusev, Bobby Lashley and Lana have been way…