ICC World Cup 2019: Peter Handscomb Replaces Injured-Shaun Marsh For Remainder Of The Tournament
The defending champions Australia is the latest victim on the injury list. They lost the services of their experienced campaigner Shaun Marsh, who was hit by Pat Cummins during the net sessions. However, they got an able-replacement in the form of Peter Handscomb.
Marsh, 35, was struck on the wrist by a rising Pat Cummins delivery in a net session at Old Trafford earlier on Thursday, ahead of their final group game against South Africa on Saturday.
Shaun Marsh has had scans on his right forearm after being struck while practising in the nets at training today,” said Australia head coach Justin Langer. “Unfortunately, the scans have revealed Shaun has suffered a fracture to his forearm which will require surgery.”
Icc Approves the replacement for Shaun Marsh:
Meanwhile, Peter Handscomb has been confirmed as a replacement for injured top-order batsman Shaun Marsh in their Cricket World Cup squad, the International Cricket Council (ICC) said on Thursday.
“The ICC has confirmed that the Event Technical Committee of the Cricket World Cup has approved Peter Handscomb as a replacement player for Shaun Marsh in the Australia squad for the remainder of the tournament,” the ICC said in a statement.
Peter Handscomb likely to get the nod in playing XI:
Meanwhile, the hard-hitting Australian Glenn Maxwell also underwent scans after being struck on the right arm when Mitchell Starc was operating things with fire in the nets. However, he has cleared off any injury. In a case of caution, Peter Handscomb will get the nod.
“The scans have cleared Glenn of any serious damage. So, we’ll continue to monitor him over the coming days. We are hopeful he will be fit to perform for us on Saturday against South Africa,” Langer said.
Well, it would be a straightforward choice for Australia. He performed very well for Australia during their recent tours in India and the UAE (United Arab Emirates).
ICC Confirms ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2020 Still Has No Threat
Though the novel COVID-19 or coronavirus is dominating the world, the International Cricket Council (ICC) still believes that the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2020 can be organised successfully according to the scheduled time. According to the schedule, Australia will host the ICC Men’s T20…
Ezzeldin Bahader set to break Guinness World Record as oldest footballer
Just when you thought you had seen it all in football, something completely new occurs. For those that claim the sport is for young men and women, they have never met 75-year-old Egyptian Ezzeldin Bahader. The grandfather of six is attempting to become the world’s…