India – South Africa match garners 2 billion impressions as per reports
A clinical performance by India against South Africa, which witnessed a near packed house at the historical Melbourne cricket ground, has sent the cricketing viewers and twitter users into a frenzy.
Some critical figures during the match were —
– The match generated an estimated two billion impressions, which came from 4,16,339 Twitter mentions by 3,18,041 users. A figure of nearly 77 per cent of these came from males while 23 per cent was by females.
– When the conversation is further broken up, 58 per cent (2,40,509 mentions) came from re-tweets, 39 per cent (1,62,852 mentions) came from regular tweets while the remaining three per cent (12,978 mentions) were from replies.
– In terms of tweet volume, the top five cities from where tweets came from are Mumbai (25 per cent), New Delhi (19 per cent), and Bangalore (10 per cent.
The report also provides the geographical breakup of the social media buzz. India stands at 73.80 per cent followed by Saudi Arabia at a distant 9.40 per cent. Pakistan placed at 4.50 per cent, USA at two per cent while other countries put together made up for 7.40 percent.
– The top trending hash tags were #INDvsSA, which received 145,356 mentions, #CWC15 received 38,636 mentions. The hash tag #SAvsIND came third with 7,777 mentions.
– The match was beautifully set up by a classic yet unconvential ton by the talisman Shikhar Dhawan and finished off with a clinical performance by Indias bowlers.
ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 (Match 23): Bangladesh vs Windies – Statistical Highlights
On Monday (17th June), Bangladesh snatched a memorable CWC victory against Windies at Taunton. In that match 23 of the…
R Sridhar suspects Shikhar Dhawan might struggle in the slips post comeback
Fielding in the slip region could be a challenge for Shikhar Dhawan, suspects fielding coach R Sridhar. Dhawan was hit…