India vs England, 2018: First ODI – Statistical Highlights
Continuing their red-hot form in the white-ball cricket, India thrashed England by comprehensively by eight wickets in the first One-day International – to go one nil up in the three-match series.
The Men in Blue came up with yet another clinical performance to emerge as victorious as a dominant force of the 50-over format.
Wrecker-in-chief Kuldeep Yadav once again capitalised on England’s fear against spin. He bagged a career-best of six for 25 to blow away the hosts.
As a result, England were all out for a modest total of 268 despite being 71 for no loss after the completion of 10 overs.
In reply, India chased down the total in 41st over with an ease.
Rohit Sharma once again starred with the bat, scoring an unbeaten ton while Virat Kohli scored 75 as the duo thrashed English bowlers.
Here are the statistical highlights from the game:
1. Kuldeep became the first chinaman spinner to take a six-wicket haul in ODI cricket.
His bowling figures are the best for a left-arm spinner in 50-over cricket. He eclipsed Murali Kartik, who took six for 27 against Australia in Mumbai in 2007.
2. Kuldeep’s figures are also the fourth-best by an Indian and the best by an Indian against England in the United Kingdom (UK). Stuart Binny currently holds the record for his spell of six for four against Bangladesh.
3. Kuldeep’s bowling figures are also the best by a spinner in England, surpassing Shahid Afridi’s five for 11 against Kenya during the Champions Trophy in 2004.
Ace spinner Muttiah Muralitharan’s five for 34 at an iconic Lord’s in 1998 was the previous best by a spinner against English team in England.
2. Virat Kohli-led India for the 50th time in ODIs during the first ODI. He is now the seventh to lead India in 50 ODIs, after Mahendra Singh Dhoni (199), Mohammad Azharuddin (174), Sourav Ganguly (146), Rahul Dravid (79), Kapil Dev (74), and Sachin Tendulkar (73).
3. Kohli now has been stumped out on three occasions in International cricket. Interestingly, all of them have come in ODIs. The latest, however, was his first since he was dismissed in a similar manner against Windies way back in 2011.
5. Rohit now has 18 ODI tons and 16 while opening the innings. Only Sachin Tendulkar (45) and Sourav Ganguly (19) scored more ODI tons while opening the batting for India.
6. Virat and Rohit have shared 10 150-plus stands in ODIs between them. Only Sachin and Ganguly pair (12) have more 150-plus partnerships in this format.
7. The 14-century partnership between Rohit and Kohli turned out to be the second most by an Indian pair in ODI cricket.
Sachin and Ganguly currently hold the record with 26 100-run stands.
8. Ben Stokes completed his fifty off 102 balls. It is the slowest by an England player in the last 13 years. His fifty is the second slowest ODI fifty by any English player in the 21st century. Earlier, Paul Collingwood scored his fifty on 108 balls which came in 2005.
9. Rohit’s unbeaten 137 in this game is the highest individual ODI score by an Indian against England in England. Rohit surpassed Kohli’s 107 from the 2011 Cardiff ODI.
|Dabang Delhi K.C.||22||15||85|
|Jaipur Pink Panthers||22||9||58|
WWE News: The Undertaker, Goldberg & More Not Performing At Crown Jewel
The Undertaker has always been a confirmed name when it comes to the Saudi Arabia events since the beginning of…
WWE News: King Corbin Demands Apology From Roman Reigns For The Rock’s Actions
It looks like the 2019 King of the Ring winner is holding on to a personal grudge to make a…