India continued the battle of the 2nd Test on day 2 at the Lord’s, London. India started the day with a lead of 290 runs but scored only 5 runs before getting all out and were leading by 295 runs. England ended the day with a score of 219/6. India still leads with 76 runs. India were in total control and picked up the important wickets and kept England in pressure, but the partnership of Gary Ballance and Moeen Ali broke the shackles. But eventually Ballance was out. It was a hill ride. To sum it up, here is the list of the Hits and Flops of the Match.
Hits of the Day
1. Bhuvneshwar Kumar (India) – Bhuvneshwar Kumar outperformed the England batsmen and took the top 4 wickets of the batting order. His excellent bowling brought wickets regularly and conceded runs at a very low rate. He proved lethal to the England team. He has shown his consistent performance on the England soil.
2. Gary Ballance (England) – Gary Balance was the only batsman who was the threat for India. He came to bat when England lost the wicket early. He stood there firm and kept the scoreboard ticking. Other batsmen came and went and didn’t prove much helpful. Finally the 98 runs partnership of with Moeen Ali gave England some relief.
3. Ravindra Jadeja (India) – After days of struggling finally he performed better and took 1 wicket and conceded very little runs.
4. Moeen Ali (England) – Moeen Ali scored the 2nd highest runs of the day which is 32 runs. His partnership with Gary Ballance was the breakthrough England needed in the tough time.
5. Murali Vijay (India) – Vijay bowled only 3 overs but took the wicket of Moeen Ali.
Flops of the Day
1. Alastair Cook (England) – The skipper once again didn’t perform as per the expectations and scored the lowest runs of the day.
2. Sam Robson (England) – The opener didn’t prove much helpful and scored only 17 runs.
3. Ian Bell (England) – Ian Bell too was of no use today and scored only 16 runs.
4. Joe Root (England) – Joe Root performed poorly and scored 2nd lowest runs today.
5. Stuart Binny (India) – Binny was very expensive today and conceded runs at a very high economy rate of 4.5.
‘Angry’ Virat Kohli Celebrates Wildly After Taking Martin Guptill’s Catch – Watch Video
India captain Virat Kohli is one of the most animated personalities on the field and doesn’t shy away from coming up with an angry celebrations. Same was the case during the second T20I of the series against New Zealand as he came up with an…
New Zealand Vs India 2020: 2nd T20I, Auckland – Toss Report
New Zealand and India are playing the second game of the five-match T20I series at Eden Park in Auckland. The hosts won the toss and decided to bat first. They played the first T20I of this series on last Friday (24th January). While New Zealand…