India vs South Africa 1st Test Day Two – Statistical highlights
The shot selection by a majority of the South African batsmen was enough to summarize the day endured by the visitors in Mohali. Despite Dean Elger and Hashim Amla battling it out on the second morning for more than an hour, the hosts stormed their way back into the game, thanks to some atrocious shot selection and great spin bowling. Elgar was the first man to be dismissed as he tried to slog R. Ashwin and ended up getting the leading edge.
In walked AB De Villiers, and surprisingly, he struggled miserably in the early phases of his innings. Ashwin and Jadeja troubled De Villiers massively by pitching in the rough. De Villiers however, should have been on his way back, but a caught behind the decision was not given. He got another lifeline as he was dismissed on a no ball by Jadeja. Once Amla got out, De Villiers ran out of partners, and the hosts got a small, but vital lead of 17. R. Ashwin was terrific yet again as he bagged another five-wicket haul.
Shikhar Dhawan endured yet another failure, as he was dismissed for a duck, by the same bowler and in the same manner as in the first innings. However, Cheteshwar Pujara and M. Vijay looked solid and built an advantage for the hosts. Vijay was dismissed for 47 by Tahir. Towards the end of the day, Pujara got to a well made half century and remained unbeaten. India’s score read 125-2 by the end of day two, with Kohli at the wicket as well.
Below, are the statistical highlights for the second day’s play.
1. 50.26. Cheteshwar Pujara’s current Test batting average.
2. 29. The number of tests taken by R. Ashwin to get to 150 wickets. The fastest for an Indian and fourth fastest overall.
3. 68. The number of overs batted by both India and South Africa in the first innings. India though managed a 17 run lead.
4. 4. Pujara hit just his fourth six in test cricket during his knock in the second innings.
5. 12. The number of 50+ stands between Vijay and Pujara in tests.
6. 100. The percentage of South African wickets taken by Indian spinners in the first innings.
|Dabang Delhi K.C.||16||13||69|
|Jaipur Pink Panthers||16||7||43|
England All-rounder Moeen Ali Takes Indefinite Break From Test Cricket
On a day when he lost his red-ball contract with England Cricket Board (ECB), Moeen Ali has taken an indefinite…
Vizay Hazare Trophy 2019-20: Barinder Sran Shifts His Base To Chandigarh From Punjab
Discarded fast bowler Barinder Sran has shifted his base to Chandigarh from Punjab in a bid to find new opportunities…