India vs South Africa 4th Test Day 4 – Statistical highlights
Driven by the sheer patience and mindset of Hashim Amla, the Proteas finally put on a defining and impactful show with the bat. It was not about the runs scored, but rather, it was all about time occupied in the middle, with the Indian fielders hovering around like hungry vultures. India gave the visitors a target of 481 and declared on the stroke of lunch after Ajinkya Rahane registered his second century in the game. By lunch, the South Africans had already lost Dean Elgar, to the guile of his nemesis R. Ashwin.
But then in the second session, it was time for Amla and Bavuma to apply themselves and play the game of patience. In the afternoon session, just 35 runs were scored in 34 overs by Amla and Bavuma without any casualty. The tall offie from Tamil Nadu once again struck, when a beauty from him sent back Bavuma.
The partnership between Hashim Amla and AB De Villiers is unbeaten on 23, from an extraordinary 174 deliveries. With day four coming to a closure, we finally have a test which will enter into the fifth day! Below, are the statistical highlights for the fourth day’s play.
1. 46, 33. The number of deliveries taken by Amla and De Villiers to get off the mark respectively.
2. 5. Rahane became the fifth Indian to score twin centuries in a test. The other four are Vijay Hazare, Sunil Gavaskar, Rahul Dravid and Virat Kohli.
3. 11.11. Hashim Amla’s strike rate so far. The third lowest in test history till now.
4. SA’s current run rate of 1.00 is the lowest in history for any Test innings in India when at least 25 overs have been bowled.
5. 12. The fewest runs scored by a batsman after playing 200 balls. Hashim Amla scored 22 today.
|Dabang Delhi K.C.||9||7||39|
|Jaipur Pink Panthers||11||7||37|
Somerset Sign Murali Vijay For Three County Games
Somerset has taken the services of out of favor Indian opener Murali Vijay for three County matches as an overseas…
Harbhajan Singh Reveals Why Ravichandran Ashwin Loses His Place In Test Side
The senior-most Indian off-spinner Harbhajan Singh feels that Ravichandran Ashwin has lost his regular Test place due to his poor…