India vs South Africa 4th Test Day 5 – Statistical highlights
The blockathone was not enough to save South Africa from a humiliating defeat in the fourth test at Delhi. By the virtue of winning the Delhi test, Kohli’s boys have now jumped to the second spot in the ICC Test Rankings. Once AB De Villiers was dismissed, it was just a matter of time before the South African innings was rolled over.
The first session belonged to South Africa, as Amla and De Villiers continued their blockade against all the Indian bowlers. Even loose full tosses were blocked and not dispatched away to the nearest boundary. However, it took a peach of a delivery from Ravindra Jadeja to dismantle the stumps of Amla. In the second session, another couple of wickets fell as Ashwin too grabbed one.
The third session belonged to pacer Umesh Yadav, who unleashed his fury with some unplayable reverse swinging yorkers. Yadav struck thrice in the evening session, before Ashwin finished off the formalities. De Villiers was dismissed once again by Ashwin, but not before playing a heroic knock. Morne Morkel was the last man to be dismissed by Ashwin, who registered yet another five-wicket haul.
Below, are that statistical highlights for the fifth day’s play.
1. 80%. The percentage of South African wickets taken by Ashwin and Jadeja in the series.
2. 0.99. South Africa’s final run rate in the last innings of the series.
3. 337. The largest margin of victory in terms of runs for India.
4. 0.42. Umesh Yadav bowled his 21 overs at the lowest economy rate for a pacer in the history of test cricket.
5. 6. The number of series India have won at home since the debut of R. Ashwin. Ashwin was the Man of the Series in 5 of those series’.
Dean Elgar Eyes South African Test Captaincy
South Africa Test opener Dean Elgar has thrown his hat in the ring to lead the team in the red-ball format. The southpaw believes that the experience under his belt will help him to make a strong contender for the role. It’s been over three…
Is Sarfaraz Ahmed In For England’s tour? Misbah-ul-Haq Reveals
The former Pakistan captain Sarfaraz Ahmed has been out of Pakistan’s scheme for past months. PCB dropped him from the team, giving the reason to provide him rest. However, as PCB has agreed to tour England to play the Test and limited-overs series, Sarfaraz’s comeback…