Test cricket is considered as one of the best form of cricket and India has produced many greats in this format. India started playing test cricket in the year 1932 and has produced some of the greatest cricketers of the world. In these year’s India has produced finest bowlers and batsmen. So many greats are there in Indian Test cricket and to choose best XI from them is very much difficult. But here is a List of XI players who to me is considered to be the best among all Indian players.
- Virender Shewag– He comes first in this list of great players. He is considered as one of the devastating batsmen. He scored two triple century, 309 against Pakistan and 319 against South Africa. Shewag plays free cricket and hit boundaries like ODI in test matches.
- Sunil Gavaskar– He was one of the finest player India has produced. At his time Sunil Gavaskar was considered as the best cricketer. He dominated all the bowler by his striking skill. He could be a great companion to shewag as the opener. Shewag could accelerate the run rate and Gavaskar could give a strong foundation for the rest of the team.
- Rahul Dravid– The wall of Indian cricket team. Once he takes the crease, Indain supporters knew that India innings will be well poised till he is on the crease. He was considerd as best no 3. Batsmen after Sir Don Bradman. The most reliable batsmen in the Indian test team.
- Sachin Tendulkar– The name says it all. The complete legend of Cricket. Anything said about him is also less. Sachin Tendulkar will be in any kind of list relating to cricket. In test matches scoring more than 15,000 runs. So he will come in 2nd down in this team.
- Sourav Ganguly(captain)– DADA, the best Indian captain till date. The Bengal Tiger beside being a great captain was a prolific batsmen. He was considerd king of off-side and his sleek shots were great to watch. Due to Ganguly Indian cricket team after 2000 again was lifted up by his leadership. So he is the best person to lead this side.
- MS Dhoni (Wicket Keeper)– MS Dhoni is the best wicketkeeper-batsmen, so he makes his place in this squad. He is the best middle order batsmen and also the best wicketkeeper. Dhoni has great sense of mind which would help this team to win matches.
- Kapil Dev– He is the best all rounder in the history of cricket. He bowled pretty fast and it was one of his amazing weapons. He grabbed 434 wickets and became India’s top wicket taker before Anil Kumble broke his record. He was also a great batsman who helped India so many times in dire straits.
- Anil Kumble– His name should automatically be in this list. He is the Indian bowler who took 10 wickets in an innings. Anil Kumble is the greatest leg spinner of all time. He was unplayable in subcontinent pitches.
- Harbhajan Singh– Harbhajan Singh is India’s most successful off-spin bowler. With his doosra he could test any batsman. He entertained the crowd with his blind hitting. His hat-trick against Australia at the Eden Gardens in 2001 is still fresh in our minds.
- Javagal Srinath– He is India’s most successful fast bowler. After Kapil dev’s retirement, Srinath filled his place as India’a next generation paceman. He took 236 test wickets in his test career.
- Zaheer Khan– He is another great Indian fast bowler and had success in overseas pitches. Zaheer khan bowled great inswings, outswings and unplayable Yorker. So he takes the last place of this list.
Rohit Sharma Four Runs Away to Surpass Sourav Ganguly; Set to Become Third Fastest Batsman to Scale 9,000 ODI Runs
The ‘HITMAN’ of the Indian cricket is just four runs away from reaching the 9000-run landmark in the ODI cricket. After the disappointing show in the 1st ODI against the visiting Australia, Rohit had shown some promise by scoring 44-ball 42. The right-handed batsman struck…
Former India All-Rounder Bapu Nadkarni, Who Bowled 131 Consecutive Dot Balls, Dies Aged 86
Former India all-rounder Bapu Nadkarni, aged 86, died on Friday. The left-arm spinner played 41 Tests and 191 first-class matches in a career that last for almost 18 years. Nadkarni, who played for Mumbai and Maharashtra, made his first-class debut in 1951/52 season. He made…