As soon as the tenth edition of the Indian Premier League concluded with Mumbai Indians beating Rising Pune Supergiant to win the title, Chennai Super Kings announced their much-awaited return to Indian Premier League.
The Chennai-based team along with Rajasthan Royals was suspended for a couple of years in 2015 over a corruption scandal. Both the franchises were suspended for the alleged involvement of their owners in the 2013 Indian Premier League betting case.
But the wait to see one of the most successful teams in the history of the tournament will finally end when the eleventh edition of the tournament begins next year. The Super Kings had won back-to-back Indian Premier League titles (2010 and 2011). In 2010, they won the Champions League Twenty20 for the first time and repeated the feat in 2014. They also made it to the final of the Indian Premier League on four other occasions (2008, 2012, 2013, 2015).
Not surprising then that everyone is eagerly waiting for their return and the franchise has only added to the eagerness and desperation by tweeting about their comeback from the next season onward.
Here is what the official Twitter handle of the franchise tweeted:
— Chennai Super Kings (@ChennaiIPL) May 21, 2017
Chennai and Rajasthan’s return, meanwhile, will end this year’s finalist Rising Pune Supergiant and Gujarat Lions’ sojourn in the Indian Premier League. Both the teams were introduced in 2016 to fill in for the suspended teams. IPL chairman Rajeev Shukla has already said that the two newcomers will not get an extension after this season.
“No extension is being given to both the teams (RPS and Lions). Agreement was only for two years. Even if we make it a 10-team league, the two new teams would have to be freshly bid, so they (RPS and GL) are not being given any extension or anything,” Shukla had said earlier this month.
Meanwhile, Mumbai Indians defeated Rising Pune Supergiant by just 1 run in a thrilling final at Hyderabad to become the first team to win three IPL titles. Batting first, Mumbai posted 129 for 8 in the 20 overs and restricted the Supergiant to 128 for 6 to lift the title.
[pkl_srttable maid=”2″ id=”wordcup-sw” ]
WWE News: Update On The Miz Potentially Thinking Of Retirement
The Miz is certainly one of the busiest superstars that WWE has ever possessed. He is a Hollywood megastar who’s…
WWE News: How WWE Will Use The Undertaker, Goldberg & John Cena?
WWE Crown Jewel is happening within a few days and there are a number of big names who are out…