IPL 2018: Five Interesting Facts to Know about Mayank Markande
The young leg-spinner from Mumbai Indians (MI), Mayank Markande had a dream debut in his Indian Premier League (IPL) career.
Meanwhile, the 11th edition of IPL got off to a cracking start, as Chennai Super Kings (CSK) announced their comeback in a cracking style.
IPL is well-known for unearthing young and unknown talents. Over the years, IPL has given many such names to the Indian fans. Some hang on, some fade away and then there are overnight sensations.
This year’s one such name is Mayank Markande, who has already surprised everyone in his first game. Although Mumbai didn’t have the desired result but got an upcoming star in the 20-year-old, Markande.
The leg-spinner from Punjab returned with three for 23 from his four overs, as he broke CSK’s backbone.
Markande trapped Ambati Rayadu in front of the wickets from his third delivery. However, his biggest fish was CSK skipper MS Dhoni, who failed to pick up his wrong one.
Meanwhile, he finished an outstanding spell with a googly off that got the better of Deepak Chahar. Moreover, Mayank is a fine addition to the league of wrist-spinners who are ruling the white-ball cricket.
Here are some of the interesting facts about the young spinner:
- Mayank started his career as a pacer and had a brilliant back of the hand slower delivery in his armoury. That’s also how you bowl the googly. So, his coach convinced him to switch to leg-spin.
2. He was 16-years old when he made his Punjab Under-19 debut and was a part of India’s Under-19 squad in 2016.
3. The wrist-spinner bagged seven wickets on his Punjab Under-16 debut in 2013-14 and 11 more in his next two matches.
4. He claimed five wickets in the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy and ten wickets in the subsequent Vijay Hazare Trophy in 2017/18.
5. With 3/23, Markande has the best bowling figures on debut for Mumbai Indians as a spinner and second overall after Lasith Malinga, who had 3/15.
Further, here is the newsfeed:
|Jaipur Pink Panthers||9||7||36|
|Dabang Delhi K.C.||7||5||29|
BCCI Announces Shortlisted Candidates For Indian Team’s Support Staff, Batting Coach Likely To Be Changed
On Thursday (22nd August), the senior national selection committee members have completed the interview process to select the support staff…
How Ravi Shastri Closely Beat Mike Hesson In The Indian Head Coach Fight
Recently, Ravi Shastri retained the head coach post of the Indian national cricket team for the next two years after…