IPL 2019, Match 47: Kolkata Knight Riders vs Mumbai Indians – Statistical Highlights
On Sunday (28th April) night, the home team Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) claimed a crucial 34-run victory against Mumbai Indians (MI) at Eden Gardens (Kolkata). Here we are with some statistical highlights of this match.
The visiting captain Rohit Sharma decided to field first after winning the toss. In the first innings, KKR put a mammoth total on the board which was 232/2 (20 overs). In reply, MI managed to score 198/7 (20 overs).
Brief Scores: KKR – 232/2 in 20 overs (Andre Russell 80*, Shubman Gill 76; Hardik Pandya 1/31)
MI – 198/7 in 20 overs (Hardik Pandya 91, Suryakumar Yadav 26; Andre Russell 2/25)
Result – KKR won by 34 runs
Here are some of the statistical highlights of the match:
i) In the first innings, KKR scored 232/2 in 20 overs.
- It is the second highest total for KKR in their T20 cricket history. Their record is 245/6 (20 overs) against Kings XI Punjab at Indore on 12th May 2018.
- It is the second highest total for any team against MI. The record is 235/1 (20 overs) by Royal Challengers Bangalore at Mumbai on 10th May 2015.
ii) KKR won this match by 34 runs.
- Before this victory, KKR’s previous victory against MI was on 8th April 2015. Since then, KKR suffered eight straight defeats against MI before their latest victory.
- After losing six consecutive matches, KKR finally won a match.
- It is the second largest victory (by runs) for KKR against MI. Their record is winning by 41 runs at Abu Dhabi on 16th April 2014.
i) This match was Rohit Sharma’s 100th IPL match as an MI captain.
- Rohit Sharma is the first MI captain to lead this side in 100 IPL matches.
- Rohit Sharma is the fourth player to lead 100 or more IPL matches. The top three record holders are MS Dhoni (169 matches), Gautam Gambhir (129 matches) and Virat Kohli (108 matches).
i) KKR cricketer Andre Russell scored an unbeaten 80 runs.
- It is the joint second highest individual score by a KKR batsman against MI. Earlier Robin Uthappa also scored 80 runs against MI at Cuttack on 14th May 2014. Meanwhile, the record is 81* by Manish Pandey at Mumbai on 9th April 2017.
i) MI right-handed batsman Hardik Pandya completed his half-century in just 17 balls.
- It was the fastest T20 half-century for an MI batsman. The previous record was completing half-century in 19 balls by Harbhajan Singh against Kings XI Punjab at Mumbai on 12th April 2015.
ii) MI cricketer Hardik Pandya scored 91 runs.
- It is the third highest individual score by an MI batsman against KKR. Rohit Sharma is the top two records holder as he scored 109* and 98* runs both at Kolkata.
iii) Hardik Pandya has scored 1,021 runs for MI.
- Hardik Pandya is the sixth batsman to score 1,000+ runs for MI. The other five players are Rohit Sharma, Kieron Pollard, Ambati Rayudu, Sachin Tendulkar and Lendl Simmons.
i) The leg-spinner Piyush Chawla has picked up 150 IPL wickets.
- Piyush Chawla is the third bowler to take 150 or more IPL wickets. Lasith Malinga (166 wickets) and Amit Mishra (152 wickets) were the first two bowlers to achieve this feat.
India Tour Of Sri Lanka Postponed: Report
Another international cricket tour has been affected due to ongoing coronavirus pandemic as the upcoming India tour of Sri Lanka has reportedly been postponed. In this tour, India had the plan to play limited-overs series against the hosts. According to the FTP schedule, India will…
My Father Is Helping Me With Catching Practice – Wriddhiman Saha
India’s Test specialist wicket-keeper batsman Wriddhiman Saha is taking help from his father, Prashanta Saha in doing catching practice amid the lockdown situation in the country. It is imperative for all the players to keep themselves fit in the ongoing health crisis so that it…