On Monday (12th October) night, Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) claimed a big 82-run victory against Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) at Sharjah Cricket Stadium (Sharjah).
Royal Challengers Bangalore skipper Virat Kohli decided to bat first after winning the toss. Bangalore franchise managed to put 194/2 (20 overs) on the scoreboard at the end of the first innings. Later, they restricted Kolkata Knight Riders to 112/9 (20 overs).
Brief Scores: RCB – 194/2 in 20 overs (AB de Villiers 73*, Aaron Finch 47; Prasidh Krishna 1/42)
KKR – 112/9 in 20 overs (Shubman Gill 34, Andre Russell 16; Chris Morris 2/17)
The Result – RCB won by 82 runs
IPL 2020, Match 28: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Kolkata Knight Riders (RCB vs KKR) – Statistical Highlights
Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) – the record victory margin
i) Royal Challengers Bangalore won this match by 82 runs.
- It was the largest victory (by runs) for Royal Challengers Bangalore outside Bengaluru. Their previous record was winning by 75 runs against Rajasthan Royals at Cape Town on 18th April 2009.
- It was the second successful defending total for RCB against KKR. Also, it was the largest victory (by runs) for Royal Challengers Bangalore against Kolkata Knight Riders. Their previous record was winning by 10 runs at Kolkata on 19th April 2019.
- It was the joint fifth-largest victory (by runs) for Royal Challengers Bangalore against any team.
Top six largest victories for Royal Challengers Bangalore
|Margin (by runs)||Opposition||Venue||Date|
|144||Gujarat Lions||Bengaluru||14th May 2016|
|138||Kings XI Punjab||Bengaluru||6th May 2015|
|130||Pune Warriors India||Bengaluru||23rd April 2013|
|85||Kings XI Punjab||Bengaluru||6th May 2011|
|82||Kings XI Punjab||Bengaluru||18th May 2016|
|82||Kolkata Knight Riders||Sharjah||12th October 2020|
Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) – the lowest completed total
i) Chasing down the challenging target, Kolkata Knight Riders only managed to score 112/9 (20 overs).
- It is the lowest completed total for KKR against RCB. Their previous lowest record was 131 (19.3 overs) at Kolkata on 23rd April 2017.
- It was the second-lowest completed total for any team in the IPL 2020. The lowest record in this list was 109 (17 overs) by Royal Challengers Bangalore against Kings XI Punjab at Dubai (DSC) on 24th September 2020.
Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB)
AB de Villiers – record Player of the Match award, one bigger step in IPL most 50+ scores
i) At the end of that match, AB de Villiers won his 22nd Player of the Match award in IPL career.
- AB de Villiers is now holding the record of most Player of the Match awards in IPL history. Caribbean cricketer Chris Gayle is in the next position with 21 Player of the Match awards in IPL career.
ii) AB de Villiers registered his 39th 50+ score.
- It is the joint third most 50+ scores for a batsman in IPL history. Suresh Raina and Rohit Sharma have also managed 50+ scores for 39 times each. David Warner and Virat Kohli are on top of this list with 50 times and 43 times 50+ scores respectively.
Yuzvendra Chahal – best economy rate
i) Leg-spinner Yuzvendra Chahal had the bowling figures of 4-0-12-1 with an economy rate of 3.00.
- It is the best economy rate in an innings for an RCB bowler against KKR (minimum bowled 12 balls). Their previous record was 3-0-10-2 by Charl Langeveldt at Bengaluru on 14th May 2011.